At times I found myself staring more at him, than the movie itself.

As much as I didn't like it, Dylan and Jace thought it was best to leave the barbecue for tomorrow. They thought it was better to be prepared in case Peter and Adam had been lying. I didn't know if they were right, but I trusted their decision. It was better to be safe than sorry.

"Do you have a mate?" I asked Eric after the movie had finished.

He turned to face me, raising an eyebrow.

"Does it look like I have a mate?" He replied with a question.

"Well, I don't really know. I guess, maybe, not?"

Eric chuckled at my comment, which made me give him a smile of my own.

"No mate and not looking."

I looked at him curiously, wondering why someone wouldn't want to have his mate. It made me wonder if sometimes Dylan would wish he didn't have a mate. Most times than not, I was a burden to him. I had only served to bring troubles to him and the pack.

"Why don't you want a mate?" I asked him, hoping that I wasn't intruding.

"I want a mate, someday. Right now, I feel I wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to her."

"Is it because you have to babysit me?"

He smiled, but shook his head as an answer.

"I don't babysit you. I guard you. It's my job and I'm proud of it. Do you know how many people from the pack want to be in my position?"

I widened my eyes in surprise. I wasn't expecting him to say that, but it made me feel really happy that Eric thought that way.

"Does John have a mate?" I asked Eric, my curiosity extending to the guard who always seemed so serious, and collected. From the people that surrounded me, I had to say John was the most similar to Dylan. I had really only heard him talk when he was getting after Eric or if he was telling me something that Dylan had ordered.

"He does, actually. She's older than him. Kind of strange, but they don't mind," Eric told me with a shrug.

I was curious about his mate. I wanted to see if his relationship with his mate was similar to the one Dylan and I had. Just as I was thinking about that, Dylan walked into the game room.

He looked at Eric and me as we sat side by side. As soon as Dylan entered the room, Eric got up from the couch and straightened up.

"You're dismissed. I can watch over her now," Dylan said to Eric, nodding at him.

"I'll see you later Leila," Eric told me. He nodded at Dylan, saying a short "Alpha" before walking out.

"Did Jace and John leave already?" I asked Dylan, as he came to sit by me.

"Yes, just right now."

Dylan wrapped his arm around my waist, getting a grip, so that he could maneuver me and get me on his lap. I was sitting sideways, with Dylan's arms safely holding on to my waist while the other rested on my lap.

"What did you three talk about?"

"We didn't come up with a decision. I want to close any possible gap Nicolas has of attacking, and there is only one thing that we thought about. It's not very good though," Dylan admitted.

"What is it?"

"Well, what if we send our own Rogue? If he agrees to whatever Nicolas wants, and then he comes to tell us."

I stared at Dylan, wondering if I had heard wrong. Dylan was against plans like these. Why would he think this one would be a good idea?

"You will trust a Rogue?"

"I've underestimated Nicolas. It's obvious Jackson and him are not enough to take me down. If you add Rogues to his army- he actually has a shot." Dylan was angry. He had every right to be, because Alpha Nicolas was playing dirty.

"What about Blake? He'll be there for us too?"

"What if Nicolas gives a surprise attack? At this point, we have to be ready for anything he sends our way," Dylan solemnly replied.

I got up from his lap, and walked over to sit on the single couch. Tears unconsciously started rolling down my cheeks.

"Leila," Dylan softly said, coming to kneel in front of me.

"I'm so sorry Dylan," I told him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck.

"Shh.... Baby, you have nothing to be sorry about. This isn't your fault." Dylan was running his hand on up and down my back soothingly.

I didn't reply anything back. It was my fault, even if Dylan didn't think so.

While silent tears escaped my eyes, I was trying to think of a way to help.

The only thing that kept running through my mind was leaving. If I left and talked to Alpha Nicolas, maybe I could convince him to forget about me.

He had always been nice with me. Maybe if I explained to him that now I had my mate, and I was happy- he would understand.

I pulled away from Dylan to look at him.

How was I going to get away from the pack, if I was certain there was no way Dylan would let me out of his sight.

Comment and vote if you'd like:D