A Slip Of The Tongue

Plot: Midoriya accidentally calls Aizawa "dad" basically

3rd POV
     It started as just a normal day. Normal class period. Until the end. The bell rang, everyone left like usual.

     Except for one student - Midoriya
Genre: Fluff
     He just had a question over the lesson, which Aizawa obviously explained, being his teacher.

     What changed, is when Midoriya was leaving. As he got to the door, he called back,

     "Thanks, dad!"

     It almost seemed like he didn't realize it as he said it, but he turned 50 shades of red once he noticed, leaving as quickly as he could without using his quirk.

     Aizawa stood at his desk, temporarily frozen in surprise. He couldn't say he was mad... He wasn't quite sure what he was feeling at the moment.

     It was the end of the day though, so he shook himself out of it, gathering his things.

     He left his classroom, closing the door behind him. He went out to the front doors of the school, meeting a certain long-haired blonde outside the gate.

     Said blonde waved, "Hey Shouta!" He had a big smile on his face, waiting for Aizawa to catch up to him.

     Aizawa walked up and they both started walking home (yes they live together).

     Hizashi noticed that Aizawa was quiet. Well, he was normally quiet, but quieter than normal. There was usually at least a little small talk, but Aizawa was completely silent.

     "Hey, did something happen today?" Hizashi asked. His eyebrows furrowed a little. Even Aizawa was never this quiet

     Shouta hummed a bit, looking a bit to the side opposite that Hizashi was walking next to him. Quietly, he responded,

     "A student called me dad today..." To Hizashi, it almost sounded like there was a note of pride in his voice. The blonde got excited, asking,

     "Which one?" He really wanted to know. Shouta responded with, "Midoriya." It honestly wasn't very surprising, seeing as his father wasn't in the picture and everyone knew that Aizawa was like a father-figure to his entire class.

     Hizashi was getting a bit excited. He decided to point out what he heard earlier, smirking and saying in a bit of a playful voice,

     "Was that pride I heard?" Shouta blushed a little, mumbling a negative answer but quite obviously fibbing.

     Once they got to their house, Shouta unlocked the front door and they both went inside, setting their stuff down

-----------------------------------------------------------

     The next day, it happened again.

     "Thanks dad!"

     It wasn't in the same context, but it had happened twice now, and Shouta was getting a bit confused. It hadn't happened before, but now twice in a row? He decided to find out.

---------------------—-----------------------------------

     The day after, when the bell rang, Shouta called out, "Midoriya, stay after class please."

     Midoriya was confused. Did he forget to turn in an assignment? Or was it because - he blushed hard, getting his things together and walking up to Aizawa's desk.

     "Y-you wanted to see me, Sensei?"

     Aizawa nodded, collecting his thoughts and getting right to the point, "I noticed you've been calling me dad lately, I was wondering if there was a reason?"

     Midoriya's face got completely red, feeling his ears burn as he stammered for an excuse. "W-Well, um, you just seem like a-a father figure t-to the whole class, really, and uh-"

     Aizawa was getting a headache from all the stuttering so he cut him off, "It's alright, Midoriya. I'm not mad, I was just curious." He honestly had no idea how much influence he had on his students until now. He tried to keep them safe since they actually had potential, and now he was a father figure? Since when??

     Midoriya shut up immediately, not making any eye contact with his d- teacher. He honestly had no clue what to do in this situation, so he stayed quiet, hoping Aizawa knew.

     Aizawa stayed quiet for a little, seeing if Midoriya would answer the other part of his question. He wasn't sure why it had happened so suddenly. He asked as gently as he could, "Is everything alright at home?" The students had had a weekend with their parents recently, so maybe something happened over the weekend.

     Midoriya looked up a bit in surprise at the accuracy of the guess. His mood immediately dropped as he remembered, looking down and nodding slowly. Something had happened over the weekend...

     "Well, um... Because of my injuries, and the recent attack, things have been... A bit tense." Midoriya started to tear up as he went to continue, "A-And um, my mom and I had a huge fight t-this past weekend," tears streamed down his face, shoulders trembling slightly as he continued. "I-I said some bad things, and I want t-to apologize, but it's j-just so tense and I can't-" he brought his sleeved wrist up to his nose, covering it. He couldn't believe he just unearthed all this onto his teacher, but at the moment he couldn't quite care. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to stop the tears.

     To say Aizawa was stunned would be an understatement. It made sense now. With Midoriya and his mother fighting, he had no parental figure to turn to other than him. He wasn't exactly fluent in comforting distraught individuals, though he figured he'd try. He walked around his desk, wrapping an arm around Midoriya's shoulders and pulling him to his chest, putting a hand on the back of his head awkwardly.

     Midoriya started to sob at the touch, wrapping his arms around Aizawa tightly. This was... Different than when his mom hugged him. She was gentle, and she was smaller than him. Aizawa was different though. He was bigger, sturdier, held him tighter. Not that he didn't love his mother's hugs, but this was a nice change. To be held in a grip that was tight but not suffocating. He knew he was getting tears on Aizawa's shirt, but couldn't care in this specific moment. He didn't have to be the sturdy one here, moments like this were rare these days.

     Aizawa kept holding him, letting Midoriya cry. It would seem to someone else that he did it a lot, but clearly he's been holding it in whenever he can. He felt his shirt getting wet, but he didn't care.

     It seemed like hours, but Midoriya finally stopped crying, having practically no capacity to anymore. He stayed close to his teacher, enjoying the comfort. He sniffled quietly, muttering, "Sorry 'bout that..."

     Aizawa hummed, "No worries." A corner of his mouth perked up a bit. If his student trusted him, he'd gladly take it. "You can call me dad if you want." He really didn't mind. Meant he was doing something right.

     Midoriya looked up in surprise, wiping at his cheeks. "Really?" He wasn't expecting him to be so understanding.

     Aizawa nodded, petting Midoriya a little. His hair was really fluffy. He patted Midoriya's back a bit, "Best get to class now. Don't wanna be late."

     Midoriya startled a little, then nodded quickly. "Yeah, I should." He gathered his things and slung his backpack over his shoulder. He waved as he left, saying with a smile, "Thanks dad!"

     Aizawa smiled at the nickname this time, deciding to wear it with pride.