Chapter 4 - The Darkness

Start from the beginning

I tried to run away from it, but with how heavy my armor is, it started catching up to me, and eventually stabbed me in the back, and then tackling me down, stabbing me more and more. Once again, I died. And once again, I woke up at the bonfire, and there the skeleton was again.

I'd figured out that running wouldn't work, so I guess fighting is the only way out. As it charged at me again, I stepped just out of the way of its sword, pulled out my own, and stabbed it in the chest. It barely got through its armor. Barely. As I pulled the sword out, a little bit of black blood seeped out from the wound.

However, it wasn't deterred, and slashed at me again. I raised my shield and blocked it, before jumping back and slashing at it a few more times. As a little more black blood started reaching the surface, I kept fighting. But I guess I wouldn't have been able to hold out forever, and eventually, it slashed me across the back, knocking me away and on the ground.

"AAAAAAHHHHH, FUCKING FUCK-AAAA!!!"

As I layed on the ground, I suddenly remembered something; the flask. The note thing said that it can heal wounds, right? I think it's still in the little bag on the armor's belt, so maybe I could use it!

I heard my enemy running behind me, and as I rolled to the left, causing my back to flare up in extreme, EXTREME pain, I looked back to see that it had gotten its sword stuck in a thick tree root. I could tell it wouldn't be stuck much longer, so I quickly grabbed the flask out of my bag, and took a drink.

At first, it burned my throat, like freshly-made hot cocoa, but it quickly went from being painful, to alleviating the pain all over me. I felt rejuvinated, like my back wasn't cut in half. I guess it worked?

As I finished drinking, the skeleton pulled it's sword out of the root. It looked at me, raising it's sword, while its hand glowed red, before it raised that too, making some sort of shield out of what seemed to be air. I held my shield up, and we circled each other, waiting for the other to make a move. It made the first one.

As it ran toward me, it swung its sword from the left, where my shield was. I decided to try to deflect the blow instead of just blocking it, and when I did, it staggered back, wide open. I took the opportunity, and stabbed it dead in the heart, before whacking it's face with the shield, knocking its helmet off, and kicking it back.

It's gotta be dead, for sure, I thought, before it got up again. Leaving no time to wonder how it was even alive, it ran at me once more. I ducked down below its sword and stabbed it in the foot, causing it to limp a bit, which would definitely make this easier. I looked at it's face, and I realized that the skeleton wasn't its face, just a helmet. Instead, it had what looked like a rotting, dissolved mass of a black substance, with 2 red, glowing eyes within. That seals the deal, this thing isn't human.

It let out another shriek, this time with a low gurgle mixed in. It then charged at me again, thrusting its sword at me, which I dodged, before slashing at its side, causing it to howl, before jumping back and raising it's hand, making that weird air-shield again. I ran at it, attempting to stab it, but the air-shield surprisingly blocked my attack completely.

As I was stunned for a second, it took its chance, stabbing me in the stomach before I could raise my shield. I jumped back, shield raised, and grabbed the flask, dodging another hit, and taking a drink. After some more burning, the wound disappeared, and I dodged behind my enemy. As I got up from my roll, I stabbed it in the back, kicking it away again. This time, it did not get up, and was instead swallowed by a white light, before disappearing. As it vanished, another white wisp of flame flew towards me, before it went into my chest.

I instantly felt more powerful. I guess it had a powerful soul, because I now feel at least twice as strong as before. As I looked back where it had died, I noticed a little black sprite, floating just above the ground. A humanity.

I picked up the sprite, before taking a gauntlet off and looking at my skin. I was hollow again. Of course, I guess every time I die, I lose my humanity. I hope that doesn't mean anything too bad...

I crushed the humanity in my hand, and my skin's color and smoothness returned, along with my emotions, which I guess I didn't realize had dulled in the chaos. As soon as I became fully human again, I realized just how much of a toll the fight had taken on me. Despite my wounds being closed, I was still extremely sore and fatigued, to the point where I nearly passed out. I hobbled over and took a seat at the bonfire, and those feelings were gone, washed way by the warmth.

And then it dawned on me: I just killed someone. I JUST KILLED SOMEONE! I'm a murderer! Oh god no, I'll go to prison, I won't be able to go to U.A., my mom will lose me again! That can't happen! Wait, it attacked me first, so I guess I killed it in self defense? But I used my quirk to come back from the dead... well, I guess I didn't use my quirk to actually fight it...

No one saw me fight that thing either way, so I should be safe. Phew... Got myself too worked up there. I just hope I won't have to do that again.

I got up and began walking home, with a massive weight on me. As I walked up the stairs, and opened the door, I was greeted by mom, and the smell of oh-so-great katsudon.

"Welcome home Izuku! Uh... you look tired... did something happen?"

"Yeah, something did happen. I died again."

Basically no rewrites this chapter, it was already good as it is. The first major fight, between our glorious hero and a single Darkwraith. Just as the gear of the Chosen undead passed to this world through the first flame, so has the abyss.

Also, a lot more stuff is gonna cross over into his world, because if the god damn abyss can, why can't basically everything else? Wink wink

Praise the sun \[T]/