The Epilogue

(This is not an Aunthor's note) I have realized what it's like to have a family again. I never thought I would ever be this happy again - and neither did my parents. My sister, Danielle or Dani as we call her, only had one memory of me when she saw me again.

FLASHBACK

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The hospital door burst open to unveil my teary-eyed mom. "Melody!" Was the first thing she blurted before hugging me. My father followed quickly behind her wrapping me in another tight hug. My sister stood by the doorway, leaning, she couldn't even keep her balance.

"M-mel?" She stuttered. I nodded as the tears formed in my eyes.

"She remembers you, Mel." Mom whispered to me. I nodded again and held out my arms for a hug.

END OF FLASHBACK

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The thing is... Dani has brain damage. She got it from a terrible car accident - it's why I felt so proud and honered to be remembered. I still am. I visit her everyday now - I even bring my kids some times to play with her's. The very sad part is... it ruined her dreams of becoming a teacher. I remember us as kids pretending to play teacher. The stupid brain damage - messing everything up...

I am now an author... writing you this story. I thought I'd just include this last important part...

I never saw Sue again. It crushed my heart, but the only one last paranormal thing of her was when I came to continue writing this story... I saw she had written her own POV. I regained hope and continued looking for her lost soul. My only reasonable explanation would be she gave up being on earth and went with the angels. She left me that as a present sort of... but I know she's still in my heart. May you rest in peace, Sue. Rest in peace...