The Hunter - Chapter Nine

More and more reads everyday!! I LOOOOOOOVE IT! LOL, but anways like I said, this may or may not be the end of the story but i'll tell you in the-end-of-chapter-author-note! Oh and sorry I'm not updating... stupid finals -.- Thanks!

Madison x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER NINE - I NEED YOU!

The animals stopped running and just walked silently and no more trees fell but I kept running, or jogging shall I say. Soon, all the signs dissapeared. Uh-oh. This isn't the end of the forest. This isn't another safe spot. Everything that had happened was long behind me. I started to panic. The adrenaline came pumping back to me, my heart started to beat faster, and I sat on a stump to get rid of my dizziness. This couldn't have been Sue's payback. She wouldn't be this mean to me. And if this was her revenge, she'd pop up right now, laugh, say 'Ha! Shoulda seen your face!' and guide me back to safety. I nodded and decided that was it and waited. And waited. And Waited and waited and waited.

 I was terrified by the time it became sunset. I wan't going to sleep. Oh, there was no way. I paced back and forth for hours, thinking of plans and strategies. In the end, my best soulotion was... to make another spear and walk. Yeah, not the best plan but it was all I could think of in panic. I found a thick stick on the ground. It was half of my height and about two inches thick. I could shave it down a bit to make it an inch wide and make the tip very sharp and pointy. Perfect. Now to get to work...

The moon was all the way up in the sky. A full moon really is beautiful. Looking up, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Sooo, tired, I could, just, close... I shook my head and blinked my eyes. You need a spear first, Melody. Then you can sleep all you want. I was halfway done with the spear... I went back to carving.

It was dawn. Can you beleive it? D-A-W-N. And I didn't get one single second of sleep. I was trying to. I had the spear all ready and laid down. My eyes were peeled open. I forced them shut but when I heard a simple leave blowing against the ground, my eyes darted open. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Stretching, I looked around me. There was no trace of where I came from anymore. "Dammit." I muttered under my breath. I shoulda just turned around and headed back home. But a lingering thought caught me. What if this was the right track home and Sue wanted me to find it on my own? But what if I got messed up and i"m on the wrong track - from home and my old home? Well, either way, I'm pissed. "I need a hint, Sue!!" I shouted. Nothing. I slumped down onto a rock. "I've never liked the silent treatment - but I'm threating to do it to you!" I screamed. I messed with my hair. Sighing, my hand plopped down. I started to randomly hum. Man, I suck at this. And I could be possibly talking to AIR for all I knew.

 Suddenly a bush russled nearby. "Sue?!" I leaped up from the rock. Man, was I paranoid! It was probably just the wind. "Sue, please, please, if it's you, come back into my sight. I NEED YOU!" I exclaimed dramatically, faling to my knees to make it even more dramatic. Sue appeared from behind a tree. I gasped and scrambled to my feet. "Sue! Sue! Sue!" I found my voice. I ran up to her and instanly stopped before her. "Where have you been? What the hell? Sue! Explain, please, everything!" I spat. She giggled.

"I needed to teach you a lesson." She said simply.

"And I got the lesson: HOURS AGO!" I groaned.

"Yeah, but it was really funny watching you get all paranoid." She laughed. I glared at her.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?" I chuckled. She shook her head no. "Why I oughta kill you if you weren't dead!" I shouted. She burst out laughing, falling to the floor. "Get me home or you're getting the silent treatment!" I whined.

"Y-ya right," She said in between laughs. "You can't even stay silent for thirty seconds!" She laughed even harder if it was possible.

"Sue, come on, seriously." I crossed my arms and tapped my foot.

She sat up on the forest floor, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Ok, ok, ok. It's a long walk, though. Are you willing to take it?" She asked.

"Yes, of course! I'm far away from the overhang anyways..." I mumbled.

"Then grab your spear and let's go!" She jumped up.

"Thank you! Finally!" I sighed, snatching my spear. She smiled and we dashed amongst the forest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading.... there's not much to say... I said it all in my other book, LOL. CHECK IT OUT PLEASE, I only have four readers... I know, sad, right? Well, thanks. Oh and this isn't the last chapter - the next one's gonna be and then there's gonna be another one but it's gonna be an epilogue!

Comment, vote, fan

Madison x