"You talked to Lia?!" She said through her full mouth.

"Yeah..."

"Why didn't you tell me?!" She said causing some bits of food to spill out of her mouth.

"Please chew first," I wrinkled my nose.

"You didn't say anything about talking to Lia,"

"Maybe because, hmmm I don't know... Oh right, you were drunk." I whispered the last word so my parents wouldn't hear it.

"I ain't now!" Looking interested, I decided to tell her what happened and how we ended up talking in her room.

I thought I could get some peace last night, but Lia came and the peace was gone. Albeit, I did somehow enjoy our conversation. Minus the flirting part. In school, she seemed like this bitchy person- which she is; but when I got a chance to bond and talk to her last night, she seemed nice and sweet.

"She has the hots for you!" She squealed, slapping me on the arm. It hurt, let me tell you.

"What?!"

Lia? Interested in me?  Yeah I don't think so.

"Seriously!"

"I don't think so,"

"Wanna bet? Forty dollars!"

"Forty do- forty dollars?! Are you insane?"

"... A bit. But dude, as a gay lady and Lia is also gay, I can totally tell that she's interested,"

"Forty dollars? Who would bet forty dollars?" I ignored the last thing she said.

"Okay how bout thirty-five dollars?" She negotiated.

"I won't even bet!" I said, frustrated.

"Thirty?"

"No,"

"Twenty-five?"

"No,"

"twenty?"

"No,"

"Fifty then?"

"N- what happened to fifteen?!"

"Fifteen then?"

"Not even ten!"

"How about five, girls?" My dad joined our conversation.

"Five?" Winter pushed.

"Not even a dollar,"

"Why?" She asked.

I simply said, "I'm broke."

"So if you had money, you'll take the bet?" She grinned.

"I'm gonna repeat myself again... No,"

"What about you start the bet?"

"Is Karina going to pick you up or are you gonna use your car?" I changed the topic.

"We are gonna use your car. She has cheerleading practice at 6," She started cleaning her plate and utensils along with my cereal bowl.

"I got to go, we still have a meeting at 9. Bye honey, by kids!" Dad gave us each a kiss on the top of our head before going out of the house to go to his work.

He worked at the business company of his cousin and he's an assistant vice president. He wanted to work a little harder cause there's a promotion that he's been waiting for.

My mom was a residential architect. She actually designed our home and renovates it every year or if the house needed it.

Me and Winter got a part-time job at this beautiful small cafe that's near our school. We've been working there since we were 16. It's actually funny, cause some employees don't like us due to one of us being the employee of the month. Good thing the owner who's also the manager loves us and gave us a raise when we did a good job.

"I'll be going. Make sure to lock all the doors alright, kiddos?" My mom ordered.

We both nodded and hugged mom and said goodbye.

I went up to my room again to take a shower while Winter used the guest room's bathroom. I picked out a white hoodie and an oversized black sweater with the design of the movie Pulp Fiction, a pair of black cargo pants, and a pair of black sneakers that matched my outfit.

I don't understand why some people see black as a sad and depressing color. It's actually classy and a happy color for me. It's my number one favorite since I was 8. I used to love white, but as I grew up, I started hating it and saw how boring the color was.

"Thank God my headache is gone!" Winter exclaimed, drying her hair with her towel.

"Water helps," I smiled.

"It's good that you don't drink. The hangover is so bad," She sat on my bed.

"That's why I don't drink. Also I never liked the taste. Coffee is enough," I replied, putting the sweater on before grabbing my hairbrush.

"Do you have a hairpin?" She questioned, spinning around to see if she could find some. I pointed at the drawer of my side table and she thanked me.

"Hey Winter?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

I lied down on my bed, "Since you've hung out with Lia, what can you say about her?"

"Aha! You're so interested!" She yelled, smirking.

"I'm not," I denied.

"Then what?" She eyed me for a second then she crossed her arms, and raised her eyebrow.

"I just know the rumors about her and since I've talked to her and saw a different person, I wanted to hear your opinions about her," I stared up the ceiling, fumbling with my hands.

"I'm not that close to her since she's scary and intimidating, but I've hung out with her and Karina a couple times and she's actually not that bad. She can be mean and rude, but she's also nice. I guess she just lets specific people see that part of her."

I pondered about what she said and didn't reply back, I'm starting to think that maybe she's fun to hang with. But I don't want any attention when I decide to talk to Lia again. In fact, I wasn't even interested in being friends with her. I was just curious to hear her opinion.

"Where is Karina? We're gonna be late," I spoke.

"What do you mean where is she? We're gonna use your car, remember?"

My eyes widened and I shot up from the bed, checking the time as I got my feet on the ground.

8:15 am.

And it takes us 20 minutes to get to school.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath.

"Yeji, oh my gosh! Why did you forget?!" Winter panicked, picking up her bag from my bed racing down the stairs with me.

I tripped on the last step, and so did Winter. My ankle was in pain, especially my back where she landed. We dashed out towards my car and drove off.

"Mrs. Headey will kill me! She'll probably give me another detention slip," Beads of sweat fall down on my face as I bit on my nails in fear.

She snickered. "Poor you. Mr. Lucas would probably let me off again if I told him I needed to take care of my imaginary dog, Cupcake."