mood shifts? dont know her

Wei ying was sad to end the peaceful walk with lan zhan. It was so calming walking with him.
He wished lan zhan would remember him so he wouldn't be entirely alone but then he remembered how much lan zhan must hate him. Everything about lan zhan was confusing he would come off as stern and unapproachable but then Wei ying would talk with him and anticipate the smallest of reactions it was enduring and honestly cute.
Wei ying couldn't help but want to get closer with him.
Now that he had the chance he won't waste it.
After his inner monolog Wei ying had to cultivate in order to defeat the wens he has to be stronger.
He started out with basic forms to flow into the feeling of having a golden core he missed it.
Suibian was practically glowing as he did more advanced forms he learned while secretly practicing in lotus pear. Cause God forbid madam Yu sees him "trying to be better than Jiang cheng"

He had a lot of cleaning up to do at lotus pear if he was gonna actually protect it.

Thinking about Madam Yu and her toxicity to Jiang cheng, slowly brought resentful energy to surge around Wei ying.
That had never happened to him before, in his life before this no matter how upset he was or resentful, he never attracted resentful energy.?
It was especially weird considering he had no headache? The energy didn't even latch on or cause red spots on his skin?
He put his hand around the energy leading it up his arm. Before he knew it, it slowly seeped into suibian. At first Wei ying thought the resentful energy was some form of cursed energy that was being controlled by someone but that wasn't the case.
It seeming the energy remembered him as their master. Since he had gave his body up in his last life he fulfilled his debt of blood.
So the resentment recognized him as their master? Weird. Wei ying was surprised such a pact would carry into his second life.

Anyways back to suibian.
He went thru the forms again with his sword seeped with controlled resentful energy and found that a flick of his wrist led to a large gash in his temporary furniture. To his surprise though his wrist got sprained in the act. It seemed the power of resentful energy mixed with his golden core was to strong of a move for him at this moment. He needed to improve his core and better understand the combination of yin and yang energy in order to properly join resentful energy with a spirit sword.
It was easier with chenqing which frustrated Wei ying.
Seeing the sky slowly rise Wei ying assumed he had one snichen before Jiang cheng would come get him.
So he decided to meditate what would be the point in sleeping? He thought.

As predicted he was interrupted by a loud bang.
"Wei wuxian wake up we're gonna be late for the lecture" Jiang chengs tired voice shouted.
"One second" Wei ying replied
Surprising Jiang cheng since he would usually make Jiang cheng shake him awake.
After awhile Wei ying comes out to join Jiang cheng.
"I hate these robes so boring" Wei ying pouted.
"Mind your words we are not in lotus pear." Jiang cheng grumbled.
Seeing that jiang cheng didn't agree nor disagree Wei ying took it as him agreeing.
Cloud recesse was a peaceful if not boring place Wei ying would be more appreciative of it if it was less strict.
They were among the last few of disciples to make it into lecture.
This time around all wei ying did was glare at Jin zixun I mean how could he not? At this point of time he was a spoiled brat that was rude and dismissive to his shije.
But then again Wei ying did cause his death.. so if the glare lacked its usual bite no one would say anything.
Lan qiren begone reading out the billion of rules but luckily this time around Wei ying brought a form of amusement.
He had a few remaid talisman he made in the burial mounds that he needed to make copys of. So through the lecture he was busy focusing his attention on improvements as well as making stronger guarding talisman.
Nie huaisang and Wei ying exchanged glances as a chirping sound was heard.
"What a loud one" Wei ying commented
"Shhh" nie huaisang cover his mouth with his finger before showing his prize to wei ying. "Right? I've followed this sucker for three days what do you think?"
"Wow quite interesting it has a nice color" they converted.
Lan zhan being the teachers pet he is looked over to them causing them both to sit up.
Wei ying stared back this time and gave a smile to lan zhan. As always lan zhan glared and turned away.
How could he be so cold!! The deja vu of everything was hitting hard.
Ignoring it he went back to his studies when suddenly he was forced to stand?!?
How terrible he was so close to discovering something!!
"The jin clan of landing is saluting"
Wei ying was feeling bitter. The person that spoke had an annoying voice Wei ying nearly ripped his ears out!
"I'm jin Zixuan from the jin clan of lanling. I'm here to visit grand master"
No shit this whole introduction thing was bullshit in Wei yings mind what made it even worse was the sad look his shije had as her eyes where trained to the floor!
After jin zixuans grand display of wealth. Wei ying zoned out.
He snapped back to reality as the most annoying childish cocky voice spike.
"Clan leader lan you are wrong I'm just escorting someone. Besides the wen clan is always educating others. Of course we don't need your lecture" wen Chao said.
Tension was rising as nie huaisang whispered to wei ying "how arrogant"
Causing a few snickers.
All wei ying was wondering was how someone could speak so much, it's surprising wen Chao doesn't choke on his own spit. But in all honesty Talking is the only thing he's good for.
Speaking louder Wei ying confidently agreed "how arrogant indeed" followed with a smirk. Wen Chao turned his head towards Wei ying. " excuse me?"
"Of course your highness you're excused but before that, why did young mistress wen come here?" Wei ying turned his head feigning innocent.
Giggles could be heard as Wen Chao puffed out his chest, he walked face to face with Wei ying who didn't back down nor flinch.
"Who is this measly hangdog? Talking to me as if he's someone of importance" wen Chao threatened.
"I'm Wei wuxian from Jiang clan of yunmeng" he mocking bowed with his smirk still in place.
"So a nobody dares to interrupt me?" Wen Chao lifts his head up.

Wei ying snickers "My brother here was saluting just now. Of course getting interrupted by someone unknown and still less than those he tries to be above would surely cause a reaction wen Chao.
Surely if the wen clan of qishan teaches others to act like this, no wonder you force those to attend?" Wei ying mocks while everyone in the room stands with there mouths agape with the audacity and impressive guts Wei ying has.
Wen Chao looks like hes about to burst his face is a tone of red do to embarrassment.
" Wei wuxian it was... if you dare mock my clan then why don't I show you how we react to mongrels who don't know when to keep their mouth closed" wen Chao takes out his sword followed by his company.
Do to the Trend everyone else goes into a fighting stance while Wei ying just smiles holding suibian before his chest.
"Young master though my brother is talking somewhat out of turn this is a minor disagreement must you be so aggressive?" Jiang cheng says unimpressed.
"Your servant here seems to not know simple etiquette. Thankfully the wen clan would gladly teach it." Wen Chao seethes.
"I would advise you back up wen Chao before you hurt yourself" Wei ying whispers.
Before lan Xichen can play the calming music. Wen Chao attempts to strike Wei ying but anticipating this moment Wei ying grabs the sword with his bare hands and disarmes wen Chao who stands there dumbfounded.
Getting the cue lan Xichen quickly begins to play and the rest of the swords fall to the ground.
"Young master wen today is a ceremony of cloud recesses. I hope you can restrain yourself. " He turns over to wei ying. "You aswell".
Wei ying almost suffocated because he forgot how flawlessly cool lan Xichen was.
Before Wei ying could fangirl wen Qing comes out and he feels the world go cold again all the adrenaline worn off as he stares at his second sister.
She bows.
"I'm Wen Qing from wen clan of Qishan."
Wei ying can feel his eyes water up but he holds it in.
"I'm under orders of his excellency to attend the lecture. Me and my little brother wen Ning, are new in cloud recesses and of course are not familiar with the rules. We hope that grand master and the lan clan can forgive us."
Wen Ning walks over and hands a box to wen Qing.
Wei ying stares into his soul here wen Ning is alive and healthy enough he's not a corpse he's alive. A tear slips unnoticed.

Lan qiren walks down and after accessing the matter he accepts the offer.
Jiang cheng puts a hand on wei ying and they lock eyes.
Jiang cheng whispers stern with a little bit of concern laced into it."why are you crying straightened up" Wei ying knows how to read people this time around so he's a little happy to see Jiang cheng cares.
He wipes away the unwelcomed tears as Jiang cheng goes up and finishes what was stared.
And like that class was dismissed.
Wei ying was walking with Jiang cheng when nie huaisang runs up to them.
"Wow Wei you were ballsy talking to wen Chao like that! I could never do such a thing teach me!! Pleaseee!"
"There was no reason to be afraid of him and about teaching you. I'm afraid your to far gone to save" Wei ying smiles
Nie huaisang groans.
"His courage is something most people don't compare to as well as his cocky attitude" Jiang cheng jokes
"Huh! I'm not cocky! Take it back" Wei ying cries holding a hand to his chest.
"Never" Jiang cheng smirks
"Nie huaisang tell him!" Wei ying Begs putting nie huaisang on the spot.
"Don't drag me in!"
"Aiya.. fine how about this then if I win at fishing against you too then you both will apologize to me!" Wei ying challenges knowing Jiang cheng gets high off them.
"Mark your words Wei wuxian" Jiang cheng says falling into the trap but unfortunately nie huaisang just had to be a smarty pants.
" hm what would we get out of it? "

Wei ying thinks for a bit. " ooh! I know bragging rights!!!"
"Really Wei" nie huaisang says unimpressed.
"Well it's good enough for me" Jiang cheng says before dragging nie huaisang to follow after Wei ying.
And that's how Wei ying wasted a day failing at catching fish and losing time to cultivate. It was fun though.

Yes I know I like disappeared to suddenly show up but I honestly had no ideas on what do, but I hope you guys liked the chapter and I know throughout it I was bullshiting to make Wei ying stronger but bear with me 😭.
I tried to add some cocky yiling patriarch hope I did alr.