2

Chapter two: The final selection
____________________________________________

So time skip Y/N is now 14 years old now. By that time Kyojuro is a hashira already.

It's the morning and Y/N is getting ready for the final selection.

3rd person POV:

"Y/N" Senjuro said when he came into her room.

"Come breakfast is ready." Said Senjuro.

"But I don't eat breakfast... Ok fine but just because I'm gonna be gone for some time, give me about 5 more min." Y/N said as she was just about to colour her lips when Senjuro came in.

"Ok but hurry you will have to go soon." Said Senjuro.

"Hai hai"

When Y/N finally came to the breakfast table Kyojuro greeted her with a big smile.

"Ohayo Kyojuro," you said kindly like always.

You took some onigiri and ate it, it was good but you weren't hungry. Y/N newer ate her breakfast but that day she knew she will need a lot of energy.

After they ate Y/N took the katana Shinjuro gave her for the final selection.

She hugged her adopted family and waved them goodbye.

"Sayonara" Y/N was screaming while walking towards the final selection place.

When you came there, there were 20 people there but you knew at least one of them is not going to survive.

"Konichiwa and welcome to the final selection." Said two black and white-haired siblings. "There are a lot of demons held captive on this mountain, brought here by demon-killing swordsmen. They are unable to leave. You will be here for 7 days trying to survive from the demons. When the 7 days are up you will return here." The siblings explained.

Other people started to go to the forest and Y/N followed them.

When Y/N came into the forest 2 demons were already running toward her and tried attacking her but she dodged them and cut its head off easily.

The following day went by pretty quickly.

Y/N did see a boy with a blue haori with clouds fighting a big demon, you waited to help him but realized he has it covered.

The 7 days were quick all though you hardly had any sleep and gained a few scratches you were fine.

When you came back there were 5 of you. A girl with pink clothes and a butterfly clip, a boy with a scar on his face and a purple haori, the boy you saw earlier, a yellow boy who was crying and you.

"Welcome back you have survived the 7 days." Said the siblings.

The boy with a scar demanded a katana but they ignored him.

"There are 11 ranks of demon slayers: mizumoto, mizunoe, kanoto, kanoe, tsuchinoto, tsuchinoe, hinoto, hinoe, kinoto, kinoe and hashira. With mizunoto being the lowest and hashira the highest. Most of you except Kahogo-san are now mizunoto she is kanoto." Said the siblings.

All of them looked at you surprised and you sweatdropped at that.

Then the purple haori guy went to the white hair sibling and grabbed her by the hair and yelled at her demanding a katana.

The blue haori boy went to stop him but when he started to walk you were already behind the purple haori boy and put your right hand on his right shoulder.

"Don't touch her she did nothing to you now back off" you said into his ear and he flinched because you were a few meters away just a second ago.

"You're the kanoto girl arent you. Don't fucking touch me I can do whatever I want. Go away." He yelled at you.

You went around him and grabbed him by his arm while looking into his eyes.

"What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled.

"If you don't let go of her I will break your arm in the most painful way I can think of." You said with a calm face.

"JUST BECAUSE YOUR RANK IS KANOTO DOES NOT MEEN YOU CAN ORDER ME ARO-" he yelled but then stopped.

Y/N squeezed and twisted his arm breaking it.

"Are you done now?" The white-haired sibling asked.

Y/N smiled and walked back to where she was.

"Now you will be getting your uniforms, a crow and a nichirin katana." The siblings said.

Soon after they said that a bunch of crows and a sorrow flew there. One lended on your shoulder and you gently pat it on the head.

Y/N was the last one to take the ore for her katana but she chose wisely.

"Your nichirin katana will arrive at your home in about 15 days." The siblings explained.

They got their uniforms and Y/N slowly went home.

Y/N got home in the early evening and went straight to her room to sleep.

Your room had a wardrobe and a space where you had your futon, there was a small nightstand where she had her belongings. On the nightstand there was some paper, a brush and some ink, there was also some lipstick and a brush for that, in there she also kept her accessories

When you woke up it was still dark outside.

You stood up and went outside onto the patio and watch the moon and the stars.

When you came back you fell asleep again.

For the next 15 days, Y/N was training until she got her katana.

About 2 weeks after Y/N came back from the final selection a man with a weird red mask appeared in front of your home.

Y/N heard him and invited him since he had her katana.

"I have the nichirin katana of Y/N Kahogo," said a man with a weird red mask.

Y/N invited him in but he refused and handed her the katana.

"O-oh could you please wait for a few seconds I want Kyojuro and Senjuro to see this." You said and sprinted into the house.

You came back with the two brothers.

Y/N took the katana out of its red case. And the blade turned red-orange colour it was beautiful.

"I haven't seen such a colour on a blade, anyways I have to go now sayonara," said the man he was really nice.

You went and put on your uniform.

You had a medium skirt (like Kanao) your shirt was like Mitsuris. You had your beautiful dragon haori and hairpin that was stuck in your hair tied in a bun covered by cloth (I'm gonna put pictures later on).

"Y/N, Y/N there is a mission for you in a small village Thensho." Y/N's crow Hento flew into the room.

"Well then Kyojuro, Senjuro I'm going to go now please tell Shinjuro I already went on my mission." You told them and hug them before you went on your own.

To be continued__________________________________
                                                                  ?/12/2021
(1146 Words)