Trail of Blood

It was a cloudy day in the kingdom of Corona. Princess Repunzel and Eugene had left for the Spire, the kingdom eagerly waiting for there return.

Varian had just finished making some new features to the guards uniforms. He went to check in with Lance who was on top of the Castle's tower, where the balloon will land when the couple returns.

"Hey Lance! I just got finished with the guards uniforms" Varian told him.

"Good job kid" Lance replied then looked back into the sky. "Do you have and nerdy estimated explanation of when those two will be back?" He then asked.

"Nah, no There is no telling when they'll be back. I hope they make back okay" Varian said.

"Me too" Lance turned to him with a smile. "How about you take the rest of the day off? You worked really hard today Varian, you deserve it."

Varian smiled back. "I think I will. I think I should spend some time with my dad. I just feel... feel very giddy today for some reason. I'll see you later Lance!"

"Bye Varian!" Lance said as he left.

Varian made his way put of the castle, saying goodbye to some of the guards. He then happily skipped down the road.

Lance could see him from the tower and chuckled. "That kid is really happy today. Good for 'em" he thought to himself. Little did he know he wouldn't stay happy for long.

Then he heard someone call a "Hey Lance!" Then he looked up to see Eugene and the Princess. The balloon landed on the tower and they got out. Repunzel then immediately ran to hug Xavier.

"Hey thier Princess!" Lance said as he hugged her back. They let go of the jug then he looked over to Eugene. "It's about time you got back here! So how'd it go?"

"-uh" Repunzel looked down. "It's going to be a long story. But unfortunately we didn't uh-"

Eugene interrupted, "where is the kid? He probably knows what to do with this big balloon."

"Oh Varian! Yeah he's down there" he turned and pointed to the skipping Varian. Repunzel and Eugene looked down to see him as he skipped infront of a dark maze like alleyway. Before Repunzel could call out to him, four pairs of hands around Varian and pulled him into the around his body and face and into the allyway.

They all gasped. Repunzel was the first one to do something. "C'mon! We need to help him!" She encouraged. Lance and Eugene quickly followed her out of the castle and to the alleyway, a short walk away from the castle.

On there way out Repunzel accidently ran into her mom, Queen Ariana. "Oh! Hi mom! Sorry! Varians in trouble!" Repunzel frantically said.

"What?" The Queen asked they ran by.

They came to the alleyway to find no one to be seen. "Guys! Look!" Lance pointed to many droppings of blood that formed into a trail.

"Oh no! We need to find Varian!" Repunzel exclaimed. Then the three of them ran along the trail of blood, making a couple of turns in the alleyway. The trail led to one of the dungeons back doors.

"What?" Eugene said aloud. He opened the door and saw the bloody trail continuing down the dungeons hallway. "There's more blood. Follow me" He said. They restarted to run along the trail again. They passed many old enemies and criminals in there cells. They didn't pay any mind to it until they were led to Andrew's cell.

"Hey! Have you jerks seen Varian?" Eugene interrogated.

"Do you see him here? However, I did see the King's Advisor and a few guards carry a screaming Varian to a room at the end of the hallway." He pointed to the direction that they took them.

"Thanks" Eugene replied to his assistance. Then a loud scream aroused, one that was unmistakably Varians. All three of them gasped and ran down the hallway. As they ran they could hear his screams growing louder and more agonizing.

They finally got to the door where the screams were emitting from. Eugene opened the door and none of them could believe what they saw.