"You guys ready to go?" He asks her.

She shakes her head and replaced her confusion into a bright smile. "Uhm, yeah. Let's go."

Garett Verona nodded and then he turns around, leading the way. Marissa cling her arms onto mine and guided me so that we both follow his lead.

Nasa may likuran niya kami.

"What's the deal between you and Garett?" Asks Marissa, trying to keep her voice on the low.

I shrug. "I saw him, then I hated him. No big deal." I casually say like it's normal for me to develop a hate at first sight towards a person and trust me, it is.

She gasps and looked at me disbelievingly. "Really? You are very different from all the people that I've met." She says and amusement is prominent on her voice.

"Not sure if that's a compliment, but thanks." I deadpanned.

She snickers. "I'm not sure if it is, too but I can't believe you hated Garett the first time you saw him. I mean, look at him... he's quiet, mysterious, and come on, his superficial screams sexiness, exquisiteness, superbness, basically all the beautiful words that you can find in the dictionary." She's still trying to keep her voice low.

"Really? How come all I want is to scream fuck you in all his superficial?" I retort, still giving Verona's back my death glares. Pretending to be deaf is fucking dick move! I will never forget that.

Marissa gasps. "Oh dear God."

"How long have you been friends with this prick? And now that I've realized that he's not your boyfriend but still he is your friend... I do actually feel sorry for you now."

She laughs at my statement.

I'm glad she finds humor in my obvious resentment towards Verona.

"Come on, he's nice and he's actually a good friend. You'll see that when you two become friends."

"Has anyone see a wood that I can knock on?" I reply sardonically with a grimace on my face.

"You're funny, Maeve." She laughs. I'm glad she finds my sarcasm funny, because a lot of people are getting offended by it.

"Anyway, he's been living here for I think, two years now? He's living all alone in the house next to ours and aside from having a silly crush on him, my sister and I felt bad for him because it might have been so lonely to live alone in a big house so whenever we're having a cookout we always invite him to join. Until it become a tradition and as courteous as he is, sometimes he'd bring some food that we can grill." Pagkikwento ni Marissa.

"Garett is nice... tahimik lang talaga siya." She says as if that would change the way I view him.

Gusto ko sanang magtanong kay Marissa kung bakit mag-isa lang siya pero huminto na si Garett sa tapat ng isang itim pick up truck. Nauna siyang sumakay sa may driver's seat at sumunod naman si Marissa sa may passenger's seat. I took the back seat and I sat on the middle, looking like a third wheel.

I'd like to feel relieved that I'm here in the backseat instead of the passenger's seat but the way our eyes easily meet through the rearview mirror still managed to make me feel uncomfortable.

Damn it.

He starts the car and then he lifts a hand to adjust the rearview mirror. His blue eyes darted into mine and I immediately avoided his gaze.

It's not that I'm attracted to him. I just don't like the way how his blue eyes feel so intense. His gazes are like flesh reaching out for your flesh.

Damn, I wish I brought my earphones with me.