Prologue

The night was cold and the streets empty and it couldn’t fit better with me. Cold and empty. I looked around, I was alone. And I wanted to laugh. How ironic. Alone. All alone.

I sit on a bench and look around. In the morning everything would be different, people would fill the streets, smells would contaminate the air and so many sounds would be heard. There was just one thing that would remain the same: me.

My thoughts focus on someone. Him. Everything seems to be about him. My chest hurts, my head hurts, my body hurts. Is there something that doesn’t hurt when you lose love? Lose love… even if I had had it sometime. I think when you care about people, hurt is kind of part of the package. I wish it wasn’t. Pain takes everything from you. I wish I could run away, away from this feeling in my chest, it’s like I can’t breathe or maybe it’s me that don’t know how to do it anymore. But after all, how can you run from what's inside you?

I feel so stupid for being like this for someone I’m sure it’s more than okay. I know he’s happy, why wouldn’t he? I'm not even a whisper in his thoughts yet he’s the screaming in my mind. I want the scream to stop. I want to sleep. I need to sleep. I want to dream that he loved me back and that it was our demons that were to strong and pushed us away. We are all searching for someone whose demons play well with ours.

I’ve been sitting here for almost an hour. I’m freezing but the feeling is welcomed. It’s a good signal I start to feel something other than pain. I start to make my way back home at the same time that all the memories come back… but he never does. 

A.N:

Hi! This is the first story we have ever written, sorry if it sucks. We both love to read and one day we were talking about writing our own story so we decided to give it a try, and since we are Directioners we decided to write a Harry Styles fanfiction. We are Portuguese so we apologize for any mistakes. Feel free to express your opinion, we appreciate it