The New Future of Marriage and Divorce

The next year, at the age of 25, when David was a young student, he worked as a dishwasher at a posh restaurant, he was wearing, a black apron, white shirt, black pants, and shoes as well as a hairnet over his head, standing in the sink full of dirty dishes, putting on washing gloves, washing the dishes, scrubbing them with a sponge filled with dish soap, rinsing them with water, and stacking them on the dish rack to be dried. Every day, he has to do his shifts at the posh restaurant diligently without getting any rest for the week and eventually going out of the restaurant that night after his shifts to get home. The next day, that evening, David returned to the posh restaurant to work as a dishwasher again, he reached his hand to the faucet, grabbed it, twisted it, and turned it on the water, he gathered the dirty dishes, and put them in the sink, he took out a sponge soaked in soap, scrubbed the dishes and utensils one by one, rinsed them in water, and put them in the dish rack again. That night after the shift, David walked out of the restaurant and walked down the street through the buildings, he sighed and looked around the city until he saw Charlotte appear out of nowhere.

"Charlie!" exclaimed David, waving his hand at her.

"David!" called Charlotte, running to her friend, and hugging him happily, "I miss you," she said.

"I know," replied David.

"Where have you been?" asked Charlotte cheerfully.

"Yep, it's good. Before going to university, I got a job as a dishwasher at a posh restaurant, I washed the dishes and utensils every shift, at least it was good to do the job," said David.

"David, I'm hungry," said Charlotte.

"What?" thought David.

"I need to get something to eat," said Charlotte.

"Maybe we should go to the grocery store to buy food to make something special," said David.

"No, maybe I will come back for you," said Charlotte.

"Sure," replied David, suddenly he felt Charlotte leaning her lips to his face and kissing him passionately, "Whoa." he thought while Charlotte walked away back home.

Next week, it was their date tonight, David was driving down the street with Charlotte sitting beside him, he was listening to country music, combing his spiky hair, fixing his tie, and wearing the same tuxedo back at prom night with Charlotte and she wore a red dress, a pair of high heels, and jewelry accessories, he was inviting her to another posh restaurant to have a date although Charlotte didn't know about the date yet. In the restaurant called Grims Restaurant La Cuisine, the car parked beside it, and David and Charlotte walked out of it, marched to the entrance, and got inside together. Entering the Grims Restaurant La Cuisine, David and Charlotte are at the dining hall full of people sitting at the tables including couples, they walk to the table, approach it, sit in the chairs behind the table, and grab the menus to check to try these dishes to eat and drink. Looking at the menu to eat and drink, David mumbled and looked down at the dish items he looked for, he looked up and saw Charlotte looking for something to try, he smiled and chuckled, then a handsome waiter came up to the couple and smiled at them kindly while they were reading the menus.

"Hello and welcome to Grims Restaurant La Cuisine." greeted the waiter, approaching the couple, "What can I get you both for?" he asked politely.

"Can I get something to eat." requested David.

"Well, we have a full course menu to try. Coming right up," the waiter responded, he wrote orders on the notepad with a pencil and walked away.

"Wow, I wonder what the full course menu would be?" wondered Charlotte.

"Yeah, I guess so, I hope that this is going to be the best day ever. Although I didn't want to ruin our happiness," said David, holding Charlotte's hand gently. and she blushed.