𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. act two, playlist

Mulai dari awal

"because he loves you!" maddie yells back, growing a bit annoyed at the constant reassurance. she didn't mean to be, she's just so worried about her friend. "listen, he's happiest when he's with you, all he thinks about is you. isn't that enough?"

"i know," elle bites her trembling lip. her broken mind going to the worse possible outcome of all this. it's been her default to think the worse, that way she wouldn't get hurt. "i know it should be. a-and i love him too, i really do. i just have a really hard time trusting people ever since—

—"he's not cody."

a creak on the floorboard startles the two girls.

"what's going on?" drew appears out of the darkness of the small hallway that led to the fire escape, which was another way to the rooftop. he looks at maddie, then back to his girl. "elle? what's wrong?"

elle brushes away her tears, dropping her chin as she tries not to look at her lover. she knows she'll crack at the sight of him.

"forgive me," she swallows, squeezing the countertop's corner. "i- uh, i can't tell you."

"maddie seems to know," drew steps closer. his boots hitting the tile ground as he makes his way over. "why can't i?"

"i'm not supposed to be in the know," maddie shrugs, her voice wavering in uncertainty.

"and she already promised me she wouldn't tell anyone." elle lies, knowing well off that the actress did nothing of the sort. she looks up, flickering from drew and over to a surprised maddie.

"i'll leave you two alone," mads clenches her jaw, sending nonverbal communication to the distraught woman at the counter. "the guys must be wondering what's taking so long. i'll cover."

elle nods, knowing what she must do. "thank you, mads."

"your secret's safe with me," maddie purses her lips, grabbing her jacket off the barstool and exiting the room.

leaving the couple who needed to discuss some things.

"tell me what's bothering you, rielle," drew strides over to his girl, pushing away some messy flyways that was released due to stress. his fingers lie under her chin, picking up her head so that they could finally make eye contact. "whatever it is, i can make it go away."

"you always have been my knight in shining armor," her lips slip a dry laugh as more tears release from her amber eyes. which compels him to wipe them away with the spiral pad of his thumbs.

"but my darling, you can't make it go away. we have no control over any of it," elle shakes her head, taking his hands off her skin and softly kissing the inner palms. "and that's what terrifies me the most."

"baby, tell me," drew's eyes searches hers, his voice dropping to a whisper. "everything will be alright, i promise."

subtly, elle nods over to her shut laptop laying peacefully in the middle of granite. he instantly gets the message, reading her like a open book, following her gaze and opens up the computer. "jp sent me some ideas for season two. some are just that, ideas. others, are set in stone."

"please don't tell me this one's true," his brows contorting as the blue light shines that cursed twelve words. "it goes against everything—"