the tale of Madam Briann

Ch 3 the tale of Madam Briann

       “So Madam Briann, as you already know rarely comes down from her estate wing.” Miss Molly started saying. “And no one goes in, but once a few years ago when I was hired on to be a maid here I was taken on a tour of the estate by the young Madam Briann herself! This was right after the family moved in. The estate wing I would imagine is still the same. It was a very odd place though, with a style unlike the rest of the estate. There was a long corridor with windows that were gleaming, and columns from past times appeared to hold up the ceiling. They were up against the wall on the opposite side of the windows, and between them were doors which lead to some of the most amazing rooms I have ever set my eyes on. Some of them didn’t have doors between them. Some of them had the large canvases. The canvases were empty. Nothing was painted on them. They seemed so out of place, and I being a foolish person at the time had the nerve to ask her what they were for.” She was silent for a moment, lost in thought. Then she continued, “When I asked her why the canvases were hung since they had no pictures she replied ‘the sole purpose so that they will contain the events that are to come’. That is what she said exactly. I’ll never understand the meaning to that, but I will also never forget it.”

     “Will she ever come down?” I asked her.

        “Oh yes about once a month she will announce that she is coming to dinner, and of course we must all be in attendance at her request. We spend a great deal of time cleaning and cooking an elaborate dinner.” She said. Then she added “Oh and sometime she will go to master Cody’s estate wing. He knows her better than most, and unlike the rest who live in this house he doesn’t fear her.”

Then Clancy burst through the door to the kitchen, “hush hush hush! The masters of the house are on their way to request luncheon” then in a smaller voice she said, “the madam might hear you, such talk of her his forbidden.”

          “How is it forbidden? There are no laws against it! Just because you are against it doesn’t mean the boy doesn’t have the right to know what little we know about her.” Miss molly said in a little fit of rage, and with that she stomped out the door.

         “Oh dear! Oh my! I have angered her!” Clancy said worriedly. Then the masters of the house arrived in the kitchen and said.

      The master said, “Today the lady and I shall be dinning out so you will only need to prepare dinner for Master Cody.”

       “Oh and also Miss Briann will be coming to dine with us in four days. I want something very nice fixed for the occasion, and as always dress your best. Thank you and that will be all.” The lady added, and with those words they were off.

      “Oh! I have warned you that such talk shall be no good!!! You didn’t listen!! No one ever listens.” Clancy muttered, “Go boy! Tell the others of the news,” then she pushed me out of the kitchen.

        I started to wonder around the halls, looking for other servants to tell the news to. I found a few but the whole time I felt as if I were being watched. Then I came to a small hallway that was dark. On the other end it was light. I started to walk down it, then half way through I heard a soft noise. A soft whispered voice. I stopped trying to hear what it was or what they said. Then out of the shadows kreped a beautiful girl. As she came closer though I could see she was small and frail, but still beautiful. I didn’t know what to say so I said nothing at all. She came to stand in front of me, put a small hand on my cheek, and leaned into my ear. I could feel he warm breath on my neck and then in the most beautiful voice I have ever heard she said, “The one, yet long since foreseen, in the events that shall follow. With unseen power that lies within your mind” It was the faintest whisper. Then she was gone. For a moment I thought I had imagined it. Without thinking I started to walk down the hallway again. When I got to the other side were the light was my head was finally cleared. I knew I had imagined it. It was just strange.  The hallway I had come into contained lots of pictures then I saw one that made me freeze. It was her, the fragile beautiful girl.

Here’s chapter 3!!!!! I tried to make it a little longer.

Enjoy!!!!!

Itaikitty J

PS: Briann is pronounced Bre-Ann Just in case anyone was wondering!!!