"Are you okay?" Karen asked.

"I'm fine, I just got a call from baby daddy. He said we need to talk when we get home. I don't know what it's about because he wouldn't tell me, but I feel like it's going to be fine." I said.

"Okay."

I squinted at her making her chuckle. She shrugged her shoulders then took a seat back on the table. Her and I casually scrolled on our phones until Dr. Coup came back into the room with her pregnancy results. I had a strong feeling that what we knew was about to be confirmed. I just hoped that when Karen got the news that she didn't take it to heart. This would be something exciting.

"So?" I asked.

"Well, Karen dear.... you definitely are pregnant. You're six weeks along too. You need to get an OBGYN before you leave here and schedule a doctor's appointment. Congratulations on your pregnancy." Dr. Coup said.

Karen inhaled and exhaled as she looked at me.

"How you feeling Karebear?" I asked.

"Well, overwhelmed to say the least.... I wasn't expecting it, but as you said I'm not surprised. I just... I don't know."

Grabbing her hand, I held it.

"You'll be fine. The more the merrier right? Just like I had your support when I found out I was pregnant I'm going to be in your corner just the same and just as hard. Now let's go book your checkup appointment so I can get you home to Dave and you can let him know the news."

Karen nodded her head okay as she smiled faintly.

"Thank you, Dr. Coup. We'll be seeing you soon." I said.

"Of course, take care sweetheart and congratulations again."

Getting up, Karen and I made our way out of the office to the front counter. Once she found an OBGYN and booked her first appointment we headed home. I pulled Karen up to Dave's house then parked in the driveway as I looked at her.

"You know that I'm here for you. Let me know what happens. Text me later, okay? I love you."

"I love you too. Thank you for coming with me." We hugged before she got out the car.

I watched her as she went into the house before driving off. Once I got back home to Smoke I parked my car then headed inside the house.

"Baby, I'm home! Where are you?" I asked.

"In the mancave bae. Come back hea'." Smoke called.

I sat my purse down before making my way to the back of his house where he was. I saw him sitting in the chair before sitting in his lap. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I pecked his lips a few times. Rubbing the back of his head, I kissed him deeper as he rubbed on my backside making me moan. After a few moments we broke apart.

"How my babies doing?" Smoke asked.

"We're good daddy. The appointment went well. Everything is good."

"Das good." Smoke said, licking his lips.

"What'd you have to talk to me about?" I asked, rubbing his head softly.

"Well, I was thinking ma..... it's pretty clear that I'm not going nowhere and you not going nowhere. I love you ma and I wanna have a future witchu and my baby. So, I got sum fah ya shorty."

I arched my eyebrow as he went into his pocket and pulled out a tiny box. Seeing it brought tears to my eyes.

"Is that what I think it is?"

"It's whateva ya wanna make it

"It's whateva ya wanna make it. I'd say it's a promise ring, but it can be ya engagement ring cause I plan on marrying ya after our babygirl born. So, Dorinda Grace Clark will you do me the honor of being my future Mrs. Montoya?"

Tears fell down my face as I nodded my head yes.

"I will."

Smoke took the ring out of the box, then slid it on my ring finger. I slipped my tongue in his mouth as we kissed passionately and he placed his hand on my stomach. This man was literally everything to me. I couldn't believe that we'd been through hell only to get to this moment in time. Some would probably say we were moving too fast, but when things were right and you knew in your heart that the love you had was real time didn't exist. I knew in my heart of hearts that this was the man that I was meant to be with. We'd come a long way and he still had a lot of growing to do. We both did, but what mattered the most was that we had love and we were willing to put in the work.

I knew that even though I had loose ends to take care of like my divorce being final with Gregory, Maurice still getting a lid on his sex addiction, and me introducing him to my children. Nikkia was still hellbent on meeting him. These were just steps and obstacles in our relationship that pulled us closer and closer together.

No matter what, we had each other.