Chapter 15

Nathan's POV:

I was worried about Roxie. I couldn't bear the thought of her in pain.

My mom did the best she could to cheer me up. "Honey, are you-" She was cut off by a voice.

"Aren't you going to introduce me?"

I turned around to see a weird, small animal, almost like a weasel. It was white and light brown.

I couldn't believe it: another talking animal.

"Ozzie! Stop it!" she said as the animal, or Ozzie, was jumping around, knocking down everything. He finally stopped, and Mom introduced him.

"Nathan, this is Ozzie, one of my friends from Avalon. He is now going to be your friend."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, the three protectors of Avalon each get an animal companion. Roxie has Stormbringer, Heather will eventually get someone, and you get..." she said as she gestured toward Ozzie.

"Hey, I have a name, ya know!" he said.
"And, I am from Aldenmor, not Avalon."

I couldn't contain my laughter. He was just really cute.

He looked at me, and frowned. "What are you laughing at, boy?"

My mom chuckled. "Fair warning: he can be very sassy."

He hopped onto the chair sitting next to me. "Okay, bring it in, big guy," he said holding out his tiny, short arms.

I didn't know what to do, so I hugged him. It was so adorable. His paws wouldn't even touch around my neck. When he pulled away, I said, "Okay." I looked towards Ozzie. "Let's go see Roxie."

Heather's POV:

Kara and I walked into Ravenswood Manner. Well, I walked in public while Lyra stayed hidden in the trees.

We ran into Stormbringer and Roxie. I was also surprised to see three little baby wolves tumbling over each other. I had to admit: it was a pretty cute sight.

"And who are these little guys?" I asked.

The pups were startled and ran back into the trees. "I'll get them," said Roxie as she stood up and followed them.

Lyra started to follow her, but I stopped her. "No offense, but, I don't think that the pups will like you."

Wow. That was harsh.

She smiled. At least, I think she smiled. Sometimes, I can never tell.

She walked into the forest. She came back carrying the smallest pup while Roxie held the other two. Roxie sat down and said, "Heather, Lura, this is Hurricane, Tornado, and Tsunami."

Hurricane was the biggest, Tornado was slightly smaller, and Tsunami, the only girl, was tiny and very delicate-looking. All three whined when I took a step forward.

"Do not be afraid," Stormbringer said. "She is the Blazing Star."

With that, Hurricane put on a fierce expression and growled at me. I wasn't intimidated by it because it was adorable. I just laughed and he pounced on me, his little paws tickling my ribs.

"Having the fun without me?" said a voice. I looked behind me, seeing Nathan.

Roxie stood up. "Of course not," she said, smiling. She picked up Tsunami and placed her in Nathan's arms.

Suddenly, a head popped up behind his shoulder. "Awww," it said, resting its head in its hands. "It's so cute."

Nathan's POV:

Roxie raised an eyebrow at Ozzie. I introduced him.

"Everyone, this is Ozzie."

Stormbringer and a golden leopard with white, shinny wings ran toward me. Ozzie yelped and tried to run away, but the cat and dog were too quick. They pulled him in for a hug, nearly crushing him in the process.

Heather came over to me. "I guess I should introduce Lyra. Nathan, Lyra. Lyra, Nathan." She gestured to me and the big cat.

"Nice to meet you," she said. Such manners.

"Same here." How come a leopard has better manners than me?

I looked down to see the wolf pup snuggle into my shirt. Roxie laughed while Heather sighed.

"Nathan, this is Tsunami." She smiled.

The wolf was as cute as heck.

"Okay, bedtime." Stormbringer now was right by my side.

Everyone groaned.

I set the baby wolf down, watching it try to catch up with her brothers.

I turned to Roxie. "Same time tomorrow?"

She looked down and smiled before looking back into my eyes. "Oh you betcha."