Ch1 - God Xi

“God Xi, right ba?”

The director of JJ Livestreams looked at the personal data submitted by Wen Xi. Even though it had been confirmed countless times, it was still a little unbelievable.

Was it really that God Xi ma? He’d actually come to them to do livestreams.

It took a long time for Wen Xi, who was listening to the female voice on the phone, to respond, “Er, yes, it’s me. Don’t call me God Xi, I’ll feel very stressed… ”

His voice was very pleasant, but it gave a kind of weak feeling. It didn’t sound very strong.

The director of JJ Livestreams didn’t care about his tone. She was surprised about just one thing. “Why are you here to do livestreams?”

“I’m short on money,” Wen Xi blurted out.

After graduating from university, Wen Xi had moved out of his family’s home and rented a house near the subway station.

He had thought it would be more convenient to go to work like this, but had never thought that he would be forced to resign soon after he rented the house.

The reason for his resignation was that the boss’ daughter had come back from abroad and wanted his position. Since he also didn’t want to transfer to any other positions, he had to resign.

Just after paying the rent, he lost his job, which was undoubtedly a huge blow to Wen Xi.

After two days of collapse, turning his current situation over and over in his head, he still didn’t dare to talk about this matter with his family and decided to find a way to resolve it himself.

Then, through a lucky chance, he signed a contract with JJ Livestreams and became a game anchor.

After listening to Wen Xi’s answer, the manager was speechless.

But on second thought, there was nothing wrong with this “short on money” reason.

Moreover, if this was the reason, their following conversation would become much simpler.

Thinking in this way, she got straight to the point. “That’s why I’m calling you. According to what you’re streaming right now, it’s impossible for you to make a living with that.”

Wen Xi pursed his lower lip and didn’t speak.

“Your main account is really famous, but the game ‘Spirit Trace’ is already dead. No one wants to see you practice with a side account, and you can’t play in the arena with your main account every day. I think you are also aware of that.”

“En,” Wen Xi answered weakly.

There weren’t many viewers who had shown up during the first week of his livestream, and in the following days, the number of viewers had almost plummeted in a straight line, which made him feel uneasy and powerless, completely at a loss about what to do next.

Just when he was feeling lost, this call came.

“I have a suggestion.” The other side sounded him out, “Do you know of SGH?”

Wen Xi blinked. “Heard of it.”

Different from the role-playing game that Spirit Trace was, SGH was a tactical competitive shooting game.

The style and popularity of the two games were also quite different.

"Spirit Trace" was a domestic game and had only been popular for a little while, while "SGH" was popular all over the world, growing in popularity every year.