"...this is going to hurt like a bitch..."

She'd been yelling and hitting the wall with a piece of wood, going back to check on Jay in-between her little yelling bursts. After her last yelling session, which ended in a frustrated scream, she went to check on Jay again. He was shivering now, causing him even more pain. She dropped to her knees in front of him and put her hands on his face, desperately trying to get him to focus on her when she hears music to her ears.

"Trudy, Trudy call out. Fire department. Call out!"

She jumped up, "Mouch, Mouch! In here." She slammed her palm against the wall. "We're in here."

"Oh, thank God. Trudy! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine but Halstead's bad. He needs help fast."

Severide cuts in, "Platt, stand back. We're going to cut through."

"Okay, moving now."

She went back to Jay and tried to get him to focus on her again as the saws start cutting through the wall. "It's going to be okay. They're here, help is here, Jay."

The saws made quick work of the wall and less than 5 minutes later their rescuers were rushing into the room, Casey and Severide leading the way followed by Gaby and Sylvie. Platt moved away then to give the medics more room to work, giving Mouch a quick hug, then filling them in on Jay's injuries.

"The rebar has him stuck to the wall. He's been in and out of consciousness and has been growing less and less coherent."

Severide and Casey bent down on either side of Jay assessing the situation. Sylvie get's an IV going while Gaby puts a collar and an oxygen mask on him, to which Jay instantly freaks out. They try to get him to calm down but he continued to claw at the collar and mask, eyes wide with fear.

Platt realized what was going on, knowing Jay's file inside and out, "He's claustrophobic, take it off, take it off! He's hurting himself."

By this time Gaby has already started to remove the items in question, guessing correctly what is going on.

Sylvie grabbed the IV line, "Pushing 6 of Ketamine." Jay almost immediately started to calm down but the trembling of his body continues, although it has lessened. Considering his injuries, the most the Ketamine will do is calm him and maybe take the edge off the pain, so unfortunately the guy is still conscious. "We have to move fast, that's going to last 15 minutes at the most and it's the max we can give in the field."

Gaby has finished cutting the rest of Jay's shirt off when the whole of Intelligence rushed in, led by Voight with Erin rushing past him to Jay's side and touching his cheek.

"Jay, babe. I'm here. Hey, we're all here. You're going to be okay. They're gunna get you out of here. Just stay with us okay."

As soon as Jay heard Erin's voice his eyes sprung open. "Er, hey...it's okay...I'm fine," he whispered, pain still etched on his face.

Erin gave him an exasperated sigh.

He responded with a weak chuckle, mumbling, "okay, kinda...fine."

She touched his cheek again in response to his weak joke, then moved back so the firefighters can do there thing.

Trudy had just finished filling in Hank and the guys on what had happened, their eyes never leaving Jay, when Erin joined the group. They stand there helpless, all they can do is watch.

"Okay, Jay..."

Jay tried to focus on who was talking but there were too many people, so he just looked in the general direction of the voice.