C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ F̶i̶v̶e̶:̶T̶h̶e̶ P̶a̶s̶t̶ A̶n̶d̶ T̶h̶e̶ P̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶

Start from the beginning

But actually he was sleeping because he got tired waiting for Devon at the lunch line.

"Okay!" (Y/N) exclaimed as Chucky cackled, Jake trying to keep a straight face. She snatched her sketchbook from him and went to her backpack. "Let's move on." After he stopped his laughing, Chucky looked towards Jake, "You know, I have a queer kid."

Coming back from shoving the book in her bag, (Y/N) sat next to Jake and tilted her head at the possessed doll, "You have a kid?" Now who the hell would have a kid with this guy? She mentally asked herself.

"Genderfluid."

Jake leaned forward a bit, "And y-you're cool with it?" A small pause came until Chucky raised his arms towards the two teens, "I'm not a monster, Jake."

"N-No, you are!" Jake exclaimed, him and (Y/N) stood up and frowned at the doll. (Y/N) gestured to Chucky, "You killed Annie! And I was hoping for some (favorite dessert)!" Jake gave her a look of disbelief, "Not the time?" She asked. He shook his head and she nodded in understanding, pursing her lips and looking down.

"Come on, you two." Chucky interjected, "Think. Why would I kill Annie? You and me, we only kill people who have it coming."

"No." Jake protested, shaking his head, "No, I don't kill anyone. Neither does (Y/N)!"

Well I do it mentally-

"And I don't want you to kill anyone else."

"It wasn't me!" Chucky defended, "Accidents happen. More often than murder, and way more often than murders committed by supernaturally-possessed dolls. That's just basic math." As he was talking, the two stared daggers at him, but behind those eyes were a bit of curiosity. "And let me remind you that I could have killed anybody in this house during the last week at any time, Jake." Chucky then looked at (Y/N), "Including you, (Y/N). And your dad. I didn't forget about that one time"

At the mention of him, (Y/N) flared her nose as she narrowed her eyes at him, "So why haven't you?" She questions.

"I told you. I'm trying to help you both." Chucky stated, "Look around, Jake! Take a good look at where you are. A long way from that shithole you used to live in with that shitheel who liked using you for a punching bag. And you!" He pointed to (Y/N), who looked taken aback by his tone, "Me and you are gonna have a little chat later, because for one: I did not kill the damn housekeeper and two: I got my sights set on bigger game."

The teens looked at him dumbfounded, "Chucky, no."

"You both of all people should know some people deserve to die."

...

It was now nighttime as the sensor lights were on outside of the Wheelers' house. Just getting out of the shower, Junior walked out of the bathroom, rubbing a towel on his hair attempting to dry it. He was on his way to his room, but paused on hearing his parents' conversation downstairs. "You heard what they said." Logan stated, "It was an accident."

"No, what I heard was that it was an astronomical coincidence," Junior turned his head towards his mom's voice, "the chances of which actually happening are about a billion to one."

Both of them were downstairs, Bree drinking red wine as she sat across from her husband at a coffee table. "We watched them grow up. They're not violent kids. They're just traumatized." He defended.

Bree took another sip, "We're all traumatized. I mean, are we even qualified to look after a boy like this? Especially when he's friends with (Y/N) after what she went through."

"What are you talking about?" She gave Logan a look before setting her glass down, "Okay. You yourself said many times that you were worried that your brother was a bad influence on him, especially after Mary died, the only one he would let in was her, knowing that she lost (M/N) from dementia. And while (F/N) was out doing god knows what, because we both know that the two shift jobs is full of crap, they only had each other-"