C̶h̶a̶p̶t̶e̶r̶ T̶w̶o̶:̶ '̶G̶o̶ F̶u̶n̶d̶ M̶e̶'̶ M̶i̶s̶h̶a̶p̶

"E. B. White said that 'explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: you understand it better'," Jake and (Y/N) were in their biology class. Being lab partners, they sat next to each other in front of the class, mostly because they wanted to be the first to get out as fast as possible.

Right now, they were listening to their Biology teacher, Ms. F. "but unfortunately, the frog dies in the process." She walked up to the two and looked at Jake concerned, seeing how he was leaning on the counter and fumbled with the scalpel. "Jake, are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah, I just-" He looked down for a second before looking back at their teacher, (Y/N) pat his back reassuringly. "I don't- I don't think I can do this."

"Do you have a religious conflict?"

He shakes his head as he replies softly, "No, I just-" (Y/N) sighed through her nose and closed her eyes, deciding to help him from the awkward conversation. "He can't stand the sight of blood."

Oliver, who sat behind the two along with Devon and Miles, decides to make a comment, "Pussy."

(Y/N) quickly turned her head and glared at him, about to say something, but Ms. F beat her to it, "Oliver, mind your fucking business." The whole class 'oohed' and she turned back to Jake, "Look, you can do this. Just make a vertical incision down the length of the abdomen, like I showed you. Sadly, (Y/N) can't do it since she lost her lab privileges from that fire incident." Both she and Jake glared at said girl as she rubbed the back of her neck with a sheepish smile.

Ms. F stepped back from their lab station and looked around the class. "Sometimes the heart will go on beating for a few minutes after death." She walked to another group as the two looked at her with wide eyes. Jake audibly gulped as he shakily took the scalpel's blade to the faintly breathing frog. With one small press, blood immediately spurted out and oozed over the frog's body. Getting nauseous, he quickly dropped the tool and turned away from the sight.

"Jake?" (Y/N) called, but he couldn't hear anything but his own heartbeat pounding in his ears. Forgetting about the frog, she quickly walked up behind him and patted his back, trying to calm him down.

After a few seconds and a couple of deep breaths, Jake stood up straight and assured (Y/N) that he was fine now. The two turned back to the counter and their eyes widened as they stumbled in their seats.

The frog's skin was basically torn off its body. The scalpel was pierced through the heart as the lungs kept moving up and down. "Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick," (Y/N) muttered. Ms. F walked up to the two and her jaw went slack at the sight of blood covering the whole tray. "Oh, you guys... that isn't quite right."

"What- no. No." Jake shook his head, "We didn't do that."

Suddenly phones were buzzing and chiming all over the classroom, when the students looked at their phones, they looked up and started laughing at Jake and (Y/N). A girl who was laughing gave a nod to Lexy and the blonde looked at the two with a victorious smirk.

The only ones who weren't laughing besides Jake and (Y/N) were Samuel and Devon. Instead, they looked at Lexy with both disbelief and slight disgust. The two boys glanced at each other and shook their heads.

Ms. F, who was looking around confused, asked, "What is going on?" Oliver stood up from his seat and showed his phone, "Lexy's new 'Go Fund Me." The red-haired teacher furrowed her brows and walked up to him. "Oliver, let me see that."

She grabbed the phone and looked at the screen. It showed the picture that Lexy took of Jake and (Y/N), Jake holding Chucky. It was titled: 'STOP POVERTY! Help Jake and (Y/N)!'. Ms. F gasped at the sight, the two looking at the page from Jake's phone with wide eyes.