Both of them leaned back, letting the warmth soak in. 

"We should leave," Brie said softly, eyes still closed.

"What for?" Claire said casually.

"I don't know, we'll be on the road too long."

And somehow, Claire saw no problem with that. "Stop talking and let the sun do its job."

And the two just stayed there, laying down on the brand new car, a painting worth millions of dollars sitting in the trunk on which they were laying on, the sunlight falling on them in woven strands through the clouds.

They sat there for nearly half an hour, staring at the sky, before Claire finally turned her head to Brie, who asked, "Why are we still sitting here?"

"Because I don't want to move," Claire said, reaching up to Brie's face and taking a couple strands of her hair in between her fingers. 

Brie looked confused. "What is with you and my hair?" she laughed.

"I don't know, it's pretty."

Brie shook her head and sat up, and Claire followed. Eventually, the two jumped off and got into the car. 

"I'll drive," Claire said and got in.

Brie sighed in relief and sat next to her. Claire put the top down, and they drove with the music playing loudly for hours. They talked about everything, taking turns driving. 

By evening, they were nearing Chicago, and they wondered whether they should take a hotel room or just continue driving. Despite of being quite drained, they decided to get a rest and just continue driving. 

"Have we suddenly lost the ability to drive at night?" was Claire's argument. 

Having nothing else to argue with, Brie simply agreed with her and they parked by the beach, in a crowded place. They went towards a secluded area of the beach, all while keeping an eye on the car.

Soon, the two were sitting by the water, away from the crowds of people. People were flocking around in groups, talking, laughing, shouting, and just being noisy. The usual things people did.

They were sitting on the sand, Claire with her shoes off. She was sitting a little ahead of Brie.

"I hate the feeling of sand on my toes", Brie said randomly, as Claire extended her feet into the water.

"I think it's very pleasant, actually," Claire said, as the little laps of water reached her feet and vanished with every little wave in the wind.

The water was clear, and the wind created ripples in the water. The evening sun reflected against the water, making it shimmer with every little movement. 

"Brie," Claire called her, still watching the horizon, the sky meeting the lake as the sun spread its hues across the scene like a palette.

"Yeah?"

"You know how I kissed you, and liked it."

Brie turned to her, with an amused smile on her face. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Kinda gay, don't you think?"

Brie laughed, as Claire turned to look at her.

"Yeah, I'd say that's kinda gay."

"So just how gay do you think I am?"

"Oh not this again," Brie said, having flashbacks to their first taco night, which had soon become a tradition.

"Yes, this again."

Brie laid back in the sand, and Claire squealed. "No you'll get sand in your hair."

Brie and Claireजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें