Just You and Me, Together.

Arnav should have let her go. He should have been in the plane by now. Instead he was still with her, driving her to the one place he never intends to visit ever again, especially today.

If she was bothered by his silence. She is yet to voice them out. It hadn't been an easy decision for him to leave today and when he found her in the airport crying it was as if his heart didn't have the strength to fight with her.

Arnav had been driven to state of acceptance, he no longer cared about the truth or Khushi's side of perspective. Because it was all in the past and he had wanted to start anew, ignoring the past and trying to go on as if it never happened just like how he tend to never think about his parent's death expect today.

But when Khushi spoke up and demanded five minutes of his time. He knew ignoring was not fair for her. He had all but accused her for something and never stopped to hear her side of the story because he couldn't bear to listen her falling in love with someone else and the fact he was his brother in law and the link to his sister's happiness was the reason he told himself instead.

Yet when she spoke up and told him the truth rather than what he believed to be the truth. He was relieved that her heart was never occupied by anyone else but also ashamed of how he behaved with her in his righteous anger or so he thought.

Arnav had held on to the anger to prevent himself from falling for her, even when she was shouting the truth at him yesterday, he didn't listen to her because his anger clouded his judgement but now he wondered how the women before him could still care for him.

Arnav may have acted like a fool but he was aware that letting Khushi walk away from the Airport would have ended them even if he apologized million times at a later time. Because she could think he didn't believe her after she poured her heart out and he can't have that not when he can't imagine a life without her.

But words failed him, so he decided to show her something first. He had hoped that while his actions might never be justified, he could still open his heart to show his past that she can understand how his life came to revolve around his sister's happiness.

When they reached the destination, he could see the confusion in Khushi's face as she got down to the abandoned building. While he had brought her here to share his past with her, seeing the place after a long time brought back memories he willed to forget.

" Arnavji are you okay?" her concerned words brought him back from his memories as he turned towards her and held her hand as support as he walked inside the building with her.

"Do you know what this building means to me and my sister?" Arnav spoke up and he knew she couldn't possibly answer his rhetorical question, so continued speaking as if he hadn't asked them in the first place.

" This is the building that snatched my mom away from us, this is the building the killed both of our parents on a same day and this is the building the left my sister as an jilted bride, this is where it all fell apart in our life." Arnav spoke up and saw Khushi face was filled with confusion as well as sadness and concern for him.

*************************

Khushi didn't expect this would be the place he would take her when they got into his car. But when he spoke up, she became aware that this place made her Arnavji sad, even then she was shocked when he spoke up about his parents death.

He then drifted off to silence for few minutes as if the memories were too much to bear, Khushi didn't want to interfere with his grief. So she stayed by his side still holding his hand waiting for him to share whatever his troubling him.

"I would have never possibly told you this before because it is something I never want to remember but you deserve to know why I acted like a fool when it comes to you.