The One With The Sonogram at the End

Everyone sat around their usual table in Central Perk, Flora sat cross legged on the large, orange sofa between Monica and Chandler as they debated the importance of kissing.

"What you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it." Monica explained, the girls immediately agreed, nodding their heads at her as the boys looked that them in bewilderment.

"Yeah, right!" Joey scoffed at the statement before it finally dawned on him "...Y'serious?"

"Oh, yeah!"

"Everything you need to know is in that first kiss." Phoebe and Rachel added.

Flora nodded "Completely! If that first kiss sucks then that pretty much sets the tone for the rest of the relationship."

"Yeah, I think for us kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? I mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to listen to before Pink Floyd comes out." Chandler contested, Flora immediately rolling her eyes in response, typical men.

"Yeah and, and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that, that... that's not why we bought the ticket." Ross added.

Chandler nodded in agreement, continuing his train of thought, clearly lost in his own metaphor "The problem is though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know? I mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic... basically just trying to stay awake."

The girls all rolled their eyes at their friends almost in sync, baffled by how stupid they could be sometimes. "Yeah, well, word of advice, bring back the comedian..."

"Yeah, Rachel's right, cos y'know, if not, next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album, all alone." Flora half joked, earning a high five from each of the girls and a confused look from Joey.

"... Are we still talking about sex?"

~~~

Everyone apart from Rachel and Ross sat around Monica's apartment as a random TV show started.

Monica frantically hurried around the apartment, tidying things that didn't need to be tidied but would be noticed within minutes by their mother.

Flora sat next to Chandler on the couch, resting her legs over his. "Oh, I think this is the episode of Three's Company where there's some kind of misunderstanding." He joked, earning a chuckle from Flora.

"... Then i've already seen this one." Phoebe replied, completely serious as she turned off the TV, missing the joke.

Meanwhile, Monica frantically rushed around the apartment, cleaning things she'd already cleaned three times before, in preparation for their parents coming for dinner that evening.

"Are you through with that?" Monica asked Joey, already taking the glass of water from his hands.

"Yeah, sorry, the swallowing slowed me down."

Monica ignored him, or probably didn't even hear him considering how stressed she was.

Monica hurriedly scanned the room, walking over to the small coffee table next to their couch where Chandler and Flora sat "Who's little ball of paper is this?!"

Flora and Chandler made eye contact, concerned about the wrath of their friend. "Oh, uh, that would be ours. See, we were playing hangman, and then I lost, so i balled it up and..." Chandler tried to explain as Monica glared at the pair. "...and now I wish I was dead."

Flora recoiled in fear of her sister as she started to repeatedly fluff a pillow, knowing not to challenge her when she was stressed.

Flora resented her parents too, most of the time anyway. Granted, she never had it as bad as Monica, no one did.