Chapter 2

I ignored the erudite which didn't seem to phase him he just looked out the the train car and watched the ruins of the city pass by. He then begun to hum which made my teeth ground.

"Do you mind, erudite?" I spat at him. He stopped and looked at the floor his bright green eyes looking sad, like a kicked puppy.

I wondered why on earth he would choose dauntless he looked much more suited for an Amity. With his plump cheeks and kind gentle expression.
I noticed the dauntless borns becoming louder and found them standing and looking ready to pounce. I stumbled up copying their stance I looked out of the train car their was a flat roof approaching. We needed to jump?!

The dauntless borns launched and landed gracefully on the roof. While the other transfers and I all seemed to face plant when we reached the roof.

I quickly stumbled up on to my feet and saw a tall man with dark hair greyed at the edges talking over the dauntless borns.

I began to run towards the other initiates when I noticed the erudite still curled on the floor. I groaned and jogged towards him grabbing him by the collar and hauling him towards the other initiates with me. He stumbled at first but gradually gained his footing he looked up and smiled at me again.

We reached the other initiates just as the tall man was explaining about jumping, again!

He asked for a volunteer with a dull expression.

"I'll go" I stated in a grunt.

I immediately regretted my decision when I clambered onto the ledge. An insanely large drop awaited me, leading to a crater of darkness at the bottom.

"You can do it, Amity" I heard the Erudite encourage behind me. I smirked and stepped off.

The fall was a rush, the landing not so. a large net caught me and I bounced until a firm hand grabbed my arm and pulled me off.

It was a girl with silver hair and bangs that covered the top of her hazel eyes. "What's your name?" She said with the same full tone as the man on the roof.

"Sam" I grumbled. The silver haired woman looked me up and down.

"First jumper, Sam!" she shouted to a group of dauntless behind her I joined them and watched the others fall.

After half an hour everyone had jumped except a Candor who I suppose was now faction less. The Erudite had come to stand next to me, his sandy hair covering his eyes a bit. His hand kept tracing mind, Which would send jolts through my arm a small blush would occur on his face and the sides of my mouth lifted a little.

The man from the roof and the silver haired woman were both standing in front of us hands held behind their backs to broaden their shoulders.

"You met Max already, I'm Lyra. We shall be training you initiates this year." The silver haired women called.

Max then grumbled "there are three stages of initiation; physical, emotional and mental. Dauntless borns follow me, transfers follow Lyra" he then started marching down one of the dark tunnels quickly followed by the dauntless borns.

We watched them go then turned back to Lyra. "Because you don't know the place I'll give you the grande tour shall I?" She then marched down another dark chamber I stumbled to follow after her as the others also began to move.

We were led through many twisting chambers until we got to a large cavern walked with glass shops selling clothes, make up and tattoos. The atmosphere was lively and many of the people were running up and down thin unfenced satires which clung to the chasms walls.

I think I'm gonna like it here.