She could tell he was lying, but didn't ask any further. Part of her didn't want to know where her parents had gone, simply content with finally being free of her imprisonment. With neither Althea or Perseus around to enforce Asteria's punishment, she was free to roam about the manor whichever way she desired.

"It's just us and the house elves for the summer," he continued, "Callie and Selene are off working, mostly, but they'll pop in every now and then."

Asteria's hope deflated a bit. She had been looking forward to spending time with her sisters before they went off on the adventure of their lives, but it seemed they had already done so. The sisters hadn't properly spent time with each other in what felt like years, and most likely was. Upon Selene's appointment to Head Girl, her free time had decreased tremendously; Callie, being a Ravenclaw, spent all of her free time studying, or working on curing some illness or other. With the Grey and Fawley wealth combined, Callie hoped to open up her own hospital, rivalling St Mungo's; the difference was that Callie had been instructed by their father to keep her hospital a private institution, welcoming only those of pure blood who could afford it - a select few half-bloods would be admitted as well, if Perseus saw fit. Otherwise, they would have to wait their turn at St Mungo's. The idea caused Asteria's stomach to churn, thinking of all those who desperately needed admittance into the hospital but wouldn't, because St Mungo's was overcrowded and Callie's hospital (which remained, for now, unnamed) wouldn't admit them.

She pushed the thought of prejudiced hospitals out of her head, instead choosing to turn to look at her brother with a mischievous grin. "You know what an empty house means, don't you?" she began, rubbing her hands like a little gremlin. Adonis shook his head, but was obviously intrigued. "Quidditch! We can fly around all day, everyday, and you can help me train for Beater!"

Though Adonis was hesitant in the beginning, he quickly agreed. He knew that their parents wouldn't return until after they were off to Hogwarts for a fact; he had been assigned by Perseus to keep Asteria in line, and to find out where she stood in matters of blood purity. Supposedly, Adonis was to report back to his father, but Perseus clearly overestimated the lengths Adonis would go to look over his sister - and there was no way he would say anything ill of her to their father, who would retaliate by punishing Asteria severely.

So, deeming it to be safe, Adonis agreed to practice Quidditch with his sister.

"Oh, before I forget," Adonis said, "you've got a stack of letters waiting for you in the owlery. Ozzy's in there, too, if you wanna owl them back."

Filled with glee, Asteria immediately jumped up. "I'll meet you in the yard in an hour, alright?" she called back as she ran to the owlery. "Make sure the brooms are up to par!"

Chuckling, Adonis made his way out of Asteria's room and down to the shack, where all of their broom equipment was kept.

Excited by the prospect of actually being able to talk to her friends, Asteria ran to the owlery in under minutes. It was a small room, definitely not as big as the one in Hogwarts. Typically, there were four owls in there - today, she only saw Ozzy perched, breathing soundly. Deciding to let him sleep for now, Asteria crossed the room to where, like Adonis promised, was a stack of letters. She flipped through, eyes widening as she realized everyone had written to her.

Everyone, that is, except for Magnolia.

Asteria's heart sank at the realization, overcome with worry for her friend once more. Her mood quickly improved as she began reading through every letter.

Asteria!

    I know the odds of you writing back are low, I figured I'd owl you anyways! Merlin, my mum hasn't stopped badgering me since she picked me up from the station. "Oh, Lily, how're classes?" "Oh, Lily, have you made any good friends?" "Oh, Lily, what's it like being surrounded by magic?!" I wish I could just tear my ear off. I still love her though, of course! But Petunia hasn't gotten any less angry - in fact, sometimes I think she downright hates me! Blimey, Asteria, my own sister hates me! And (alright, I know how you feel about Sev, but he's still important to me) I haven't seen Sev in the past week! Every time I ride by his house, all the lights are off. And whenever I go to our little tree to meet up, he's never there! I'm getting worried about him, Asteria. He's been off since... actually, since when he took us to the hospital wing! After your fight with Avery. Maybe they did something to him?