The Introduction

After anialating the human, the ferocious ogre returned back into the house. 

"Thou must be quite confused" he began. "My name is Shrek."

He reached out his large green hand seemingly asking for a handshake. I reluctantly shook his hand, my delicate hoof hanging on for dear life as he aggressively shook it. 

This would usually aggrivate me if someone did it, but for some strange reason i felt safe with this particular ogre, and he had been quite heroic towards me, so i didn't doubt that he was a good person.

"I'm Donkey." I said after he retracted his hand, my hoof surprisingly still being there. 

"Thank thou for bringing me in here, it was very kind of thou" i said gratefully. 

"Its no problem, perhaps we could become friends; i have been a tad lonely lately."

"Id like that" i replied with a small smile.

He gracefully guided me to the round wooden table and gestured for me to take a seat. He turned to the old fashioned stove, heeheeing on impulse as he did, and began to fill the tea kettle with water. 

"Art thou a fan of tea?" he questioned, turning to look at me. 

"Yes, i'm quite fond of the liquid" i responded in my shakesperian tongue.

Nodding his head fagestically, he turned back to the stove, putting the kettle on one of the hobs. 

He made his way to the table and attempted to pull out a chair from the corner. Due to his large figure, he failed in doing so, and tripped, breaking a chair along with the one he was trying to pull out. 

He lay wallowing in self pity for a minute or two, before leaping up and acting like nothing happened, grabbing the chair that was closer to him this time, and successfully taking a seat. He gathered the remains of the two chairs and set them on the chair beside the one he was sat on. 

I decided against questioning him, instead combing my mohawk with the comb that was up my ar- ............. in my invisible pocket.

A few seconds later the kettle began whistling, sounding like if you put a tin whistle in a wailing babies mouth.

When the deafening noise suspended, he poured the boiling water into two green mugs, stirring them before carrying them both to the table. 

I sipped on it and was flabbergasted, realising how magnificent it tasted. 

"This tastes heavenly my friend" i praised, still shocked at the fabulous taste.

"Thank thou very much." 

For the next half hour, we talked and talked, getting to know each other. 

Eventually, Shrek rose to his ginormous, green, black toenail feet.

"Brethren, we better get some rest. That swamp war was......" He came to a stop, as tears formed in both our eyes, the flashbacks rushing through our heads. When he came to, he finished. "Draining." 

I internally agreed, and stood up. "Are you sure you don't mind me staying here?" 

"Don't be an imbecile! Thy is welcome here! I cant wait for our friendship to develop" he reassured.

I smiled and nodded. I followed him to the sitting area, laying down on the luminous green couch he pointed to. Handing me a yet again, luminous green blanket, he waved and made his way to the door. Or should i say door frame. He had told me the story of how it fell off its hinges when he roared on a certain occasion when we were chatting earlier. 

"Wait" i said. 

He turned gracefully with a questioning look on his face. 

"What is it?" he questioned, hitting his long, sharp, green nails on the wall in the rythm of the bananas in pyjamas theme song. 

"Hes going to sacrifi-  Thank thou for this, its very (elen de) generous of you".

"Once again, its no problem."

We exchanged our good nights before settling in our respective sleeping spots, both planning to have a fabulous sleep the next morning.