Interlude - Fugitive's Longing

Narukami Island, Inazuma
───── ✦
A sunny day rolled by Tenryou once again. The chatter and laughter of Inazuma City's civilians resounded in the air as the cherry blossom petals softly rained on the city's pavements.

Unfortunately, that peaceful atmosphere will be shattered once again when another incident occured at Tenryou.

Although his footsteps were quiet, the young man couldn't help but feel that his senses were further amplifying. The clanking of his wooden shoes along with the erratic beating of his heart is the only thing he could hear at the moment. A warm hand softly grabbed his wrist, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Kazuha, what are you doing? Did something happen?" a young woman whispered as she saw the blank look swirling in her companion's scarlet eyes underneath his large straw hat. He didn't respond, instead choosing to grab her wrist as he started walking in a fast pace through the wide yet crowded streets of Tenryou with her.

He shouldn't have brought her here with him. He was just trying to buy dumplings at a food stall. Unfortunately, a man apparently recognized his face and decided to report it to the local police station.

Contrary to the sakura petals slowly falling by them, two people were frantically trying to weave their way through the crowd who were buying through shops and talking amongst each other.

Their wooden shoes pattered on the concrete floor, creating a rhythm as they heard an additional set of footsteps trailing behind them. Kazuha knew who they were, but [Y/N] was still confused due to her friend's sudden actions earlier.

As instructed by Madame Kujou, the soldiers of the Tenryou Commission were instructed to bring outlaws to the local police station, "Get them! It's Kaedehara and [L/N]!"

These two characters running around Inazuma City are not an exception.

Hearing a random officer's order, they both of them started running faster, already feeling the air shortly leave their lungs. They entered the district Hanamizaka, passing through the once again crowded streets and ignoring the stares of its locals as they ran through the pavement. They were pushing around people, not having the time to apologize as they have other reasons to worry about.

A certain Oni and his Deputy Leader spotted them running. The young man's eyes sparkled as he watched them run past his gang in the blink of an eye. The beetle fight they were having was paused as their leader gazed at the ronins who were madly running down the steep set of stairs.

"Hey! That's my girl [Y/N] and that dude Kaedehara running over there, I wanna join them!"

"Boss, not right now. Read the atmosphere," a gloved hand roughly grabbed his shoulder. "They're from the Tenryou Commission."

"But–!"

They continue to ran, now dashing through the dirt pathways of Byakko Plain, even managing to avoid Hilichurls and Abyssal monsters lurking around the area. They eventually entered Konda Village, with Kazuha and [Y/N] immediately dismissing the thought of hiding in one of the villager's houses. The both of them don't want to involve an innocent civilian due to their "crimes."

They both heard the village head pondering to an empty patch of land out loud, "I wonder who stole my vegetables. I grew them for three months straight before they went missing overnight."