Someone We Miss Dearly

Start from the beginning

"Excuse me." Jean softly spoke. "What do you want?" Jean paused for a moment to Diluc's question, and tried her best to sound calm. "It seems that you're having a hard time looking for her..." "So?" "Should I call the knights?" Diluc scoffed what Jean said, and looked out at the scenery. "I do not want to get involved with the knights again," said Diluc, "but I thank you for the care." Jean felt delightful for the compliment. Thank you for the care. Does that mean he cares about her?

"So... um..."

"?"

"Does that mean you care about me too?"

She spoke in a shy way, though she means it in terms of friendship. Unless... "Why are you asking me that? We should look for the child instead." Diluc responded bluntly. Jean sighs and tilted her head, arms crossed once again with a smug face. "Why are you dodging the question?" Diluc became speechless as he blushes a bit from the statement. "I-I'm just not used to that type of question, okay?" Jean giggled softly as she tries not to make her happiness obvious. "Do what you do, Sir Diluc."

As the short conversation ends, they both heard a child laughing and some concerning...explosion sounds. "I suppose they are wreaking havoc there," Jean's once-happy face transformed to a horrific look of disappointment as she walks closer to the source of the booming sound.

"Boom! Boom! See that, Albedo onee-san?" A young child shouted with glee. Albedo chuckled lightly, but soon stopped as he saw a redhead and a blondie walking closer. "Klee, I don't think this is a good idea..." said Albedo in a concerning tone as he brushes off the black ash-like dust on his whole body. "Why?" Klee asks her big brother, holding her bomblets tightly with a tilting head. "Klee..." Jean spoke in a horrifying way. "G-Grandmaster Jean ?!" Klee shouted in surprise as she drops her bombs on the floor with shock.

The bombs got triggered as soon as they reached the ground, and exploded in front of everyone's faces. Jean got angrier than before after the bombs exploded, as she grabbed Klee's hands roughly. "You are going to solitary confinement for this." She raised her voice. As the young sobbing elf was held tightly by Jean's hand to prevent her from escaping, Diluc brushed off the black dust on his body and helped Albedo stand up from the ground. "May you know a child named Elise?" Diluc asks the young alchemist. "Oh, her?" Albedo sought for validation. "She was near us before, but I suppose she went farther away for a butterfly and to get away from the bomb chaos."

Diluc thought for a second, trying to process a conclusion in his mind. "Where do you think she might go?" he asked Albedo more. "She told me that she likes Windwheel Asters and Dandelions to keep her company, so perhaps she tried to head towards Windrise." Jean walked closer and joined the conversation of the two, still holding Klee tightly. "Windrise?" She quoted Albedo, "It will take her almost forever to arrive. Unless she's real speed."

Diluc watches Jean as she discusses with Albedo about taking care of Klee, settling for a destination to head to the location of the gigantic tree of Mondstadt. "You're going?" Diluc asks the blondie as she tightens her ponytail. "Would you like to come too?" She responded confidently as she finishes the ribbon on her hair. Diluc wasn't sure on how or what to respond, and remained speechless not knowing what to do. Jean makes the first move and grabs his hand, and pulls him closer to her. "Albedo, remember to watch Klee in solitary confinement, understand? No cheating." Albedo nods slowly as she gestures her hand to waving good bye, with Diluc still wondering on what he should do next.

----------

Elise was lying down on the ground, gazing high up on the tree's lush-green leaves. The sunset's rays hit the clouds, and reflect an orange-pink gradient that makes it wonderful to look at. The more Elise relaxes on the ground enveloped with soft grass, the more the warm and comforting breeze comes to greet her to sleep. Jean and Diluc, as they ran towards Windrise, saw the young redhead lying underneath the Windrise tree. They both headed closer to the location by sprinting towards it, slowly seeing more of Elise's facial details.