"And you're even proud of your grades?! Huh?! What are you doing?! You're not even studying well! I'm wasting my money on your tuition!" 

I took a look on my card. It was all line of 9. My lowest was 93. Not enough... Still... It was not enough to get his validation. It was not enough for a praise... even when I studied all by myself because none of them were trying to help me... Except one person. 

He hit me again. I didn't know what I wanted at that moment. For it to stop? No... I wasn't even wishing for that. I wanted him... gone. I wanted him to vanish in front of me. 

"Sir! Sir, tama na po! Bata lang po 'yan!" I looked at my dad's driver when he ran inside the room and kneeled in front of me. I was looking at him like he was the ounce of hope I wished for. "Ciandrei, halika na." He helped me up and even carried me before walking out of the room.

I hid my face in Kuya Roel's shoulders while he was running down the stairs. My other hand was holding my report card with my grades. It was wet and crumpled now. When I felt safe, I started crying loudly. 

He placed me on top of the car's trunk after getting the medicine kit on the backseat. I was crying so loudly in the garage while he was trying to wipe my tears. Kumuha pa siya ng yelo para ilagay sa may panga ko. 

"Grades mo 'to?" tanong niya sa akin nang makita ang hawak ko. Nang tiningnan niya nang maigi pagkatapos ayusin ang lukot, napatakip siya sa bibig niya. Nakita ko ang saya sa mga mata niya. "Wow, ang galing naman! Ang tataas ng grades, ah! Good job!" 

I stopped crying when I heard that from him. He smiled and ruffled my hair before putting band aid on my knee. 

"Kumusta ka sa school? Inaaway ka ba roon?" tanong niya ulit sa akin at umiling naman ako sa kaniya. "'Yong daddy mo? Palagi ba 'tong nangyayari?" Parang nasaktan din siya sa sarili niyang tanong.

Hindi ako nagsalita at umiwas lang ng tingin. Napabuntong-hininga siya at kinuha ang cellphone niya kaya natakot ako. 

"No..." I lied. "No... It's just... this time. Dad was just mad... That's all..." I kept on making excuses for him. 

At least my mom was kind enough not to hurt me back... but she did... when she introduced me to that man. 

I saw in her eyes the love that I never saw when she was looking at my dad. Time did not make me feel any better. It just made me feel numb. Now that they were fighting in front of me, the only thing I wanted was to have peace so I could study. 

"Anak, pack your things! We are leaving this house. Patirahin mo na rito 'yong isang pamilya mo! The hell I care! I am taking our son with me!" My mom looked at me but I did not budge. I was just staring at them with no emotion in my face. 

"Gawin mo ang gusto mo! Leave! You were the one prolonging this marriage because you were scared your son will know everything you did!" Dad pointed his finger on my mom. 

"Ciandrei, go to your room and pack your things! Now!"