Chapter 1

As you were coming out of the shower, you were drying your hair as you went into your living room and turned on the TV. Letting the TV run, the news decided to break in and tell all of Japan what is going on.

"INCOMING NEWS!! Kaito Kid has sent out a notice that he will be stealing the Sapphire Star tonight at exactly 11:43PM! The Sapphire Star is currently held at the Tokyo Museum, which is securely covered from the Tokyo Police force and the leadership of Mr. Nakamori Ginzo."

"Ah man. Mr. Nakamori, you won't be able to catch him with your men positioned around the building like that."

You held some iced Tazo tea in your hand, opening the bottle and drinking the contents. You sighing contently, you were about to change the channel before your phone decided to ring on you. Looking down at the caller ID, you blinked when you noticed that it was your friend Aoko Nakamori from school.

"Hello?"

"Ah, [ l/n ]-san? Are you home?"

"Yeah, why are you asking?"

"E--Er, well..I was wondering if you could do me a favor.."

You listened at her through the phone, your glass of milk being held halfway toward your lips as you were slightly shocked from the answer.

"Wait a minute. You want to use me as bait to capture Kaito Kid?"

"Ye-Yes..that's what I'm asking.."

"Why can't you do it yourself?"

"Well..I have another task to do and my dad wants me to help him. Plus he doesn't really want me near Kaito Kid so I was wondering if you could do it for me since y'know..I know you know some Taekwondo and stuff.."

You were about to say more but then you caught yourself. You looked at your tv screen as they showed a glimpse of what he was going to be after. You continued to think and let out a quiet sigh.

"Sure. Why not, I'll help out."

"Re-Really!? Thanks so much, [ f/n ]-chan! I really appreciate it!"

"What time do I have to be there?"

"Please do come in about 30 minutes?"

"I'll be there in 15. See you then."

After hanging up the call, you gently placed your phone against your lips. Pausing at the scene where the shiny Sapphire Star glimmered under the light made you smirk. You chuckled, tapping your lips softly with your phone still in hand.

"This might be a pretty good catch tonight."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You were approaching the museum with a small yawn, looking up at the building as many of the policemen have themselves surrounding the whole thing. You approached one of the policemen and explained your situation to him. He nodded as he let you under the yellow tape, walking into the building.

"Ah, [ f/n ]-chan! You're here! Thank you so much for helping out!"

You smiled and hugged her back, giving her a soft squeeze. You continued to chat with her for a bit, some of the younger recruits eyeing you and checking you out. Aoko had noticed this and nudged you a little, giving you a small smile.

"Nee, Nee! Those guys are looking at you! They must have some sort of interest in you!"

You took a glance at them as one nervously looked away but the other noticed and gave you a wave. You chuckled and waved back, making his cheeks fluster just the slightest. You looked at your friend once more before shaking your head.