|𝙰𝟷, 𝚂𝟼|

Start from the beginning

The remaining 2 coworkers walked through another pair of sliding doors before coming face to face with the problem that had everyone stumped on what to do. They saw scientists and doctors alike running all over the room in every direction as they tried to come up with an idea of how to shut it down.

"Talk to me doctor." Fury said as they walked further into the open spaced room.

Dr. Erik Selvig appeared from behind the machine which was supposed to be keeping the tesseracts energy to a minimal level. The doctor walked forward and shook Fury's hand before heading to look over a reading on one of the many computer screens.

"Is there anything we know for certain?" The director asked him.

"The tesseract is misbehaving."

As soon as the words had left Selvig's mouth, the tesseract gave off a little explosion of energy in the face of another scientist testing it.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" The boss said, showing he wasn't interested in jokes at a time like this.

"No," Selvig denied, "it's now funny at all." "The tesseract is not only alive..." he trailed off, "she's... behaving."

"I assume you pulled the plug." Fury said as the three walked down the small ramp in the room.

"She's an energy source Fury," Scarlett said, "even if we turned off the power, she turns it back on. And if she reaches peak level..."

Before she could finish her sentence Fury interrupted her, "we prepared for this doctor and Agent." "Harnessing energy from space."

"Yea, except we don't have the harness." Selvig said. "My calculations are far from complete, and she's throwing off interference, radiation." "Nothing harmful though, low levels of gamma radiation."

"That can be harmful" The Agent and her boss said in sync.

"Where's Agent Barton?" Fury asked, this time alone.

Selvig gave a little scoff before his reply came, "the hawk?" He questioned, "up in his nest, as per usual."

Fury looked towards the female Agent stood next to him as she nodded in return and walked away a little, before turning her radio on to connect to Barton's.

"Agent birdboy, Fury wants a report." Scarlett said into her radio.

Up at the top of the scaffolding, she saw Barton get up and slide down the rope that was attached at the side before walking over and nudging her shoulder slightly, due to her calling him 'birdboy'.

"I gave you this detail so you could keep a close eye on things" Fury said to Barton as the three walked along the computers in the room.

"Well, I see better from a distance." Came Barton's reply.

"You seen anything that might set this thing off?" Fury asked pointing to the tesseract.

Before Clint got the chance to answer a female doctor working on the project called out to Selvig saying the tesseract was spiking again. As Selvig went to said computer with the readings on the screen, the two Agents and their boss walked up the ramp to where the tesseract rested.