She nodded her head then paused and shook it.

"Yes? No?" She shook it again. "Yes and no?" She nodded her head and George thought for a moment. "You know Fred feels really bad for yelling at you. I don't know what's going on with you two but I do know that he cares for you so much and I know he is worried about you as much as the rest of us if not more."

"No he doesn't."

"What makes you say that?" George tilted his head towards the girl, confused. By being by Fred for his whole life he at least knew one thing; he was in love with Madelyn Willows. Of course he cared.

"He's mad at me. But I don't know what I did." She sat up and her eyes started tearing up again. "He k-keeps saying things a-about Cedric. B-but I don't even know w-what's wrong with Cedric. He's just h-helping me study." She sniffled as she cried and George rubbed an encouraging hand over her arm.

"I don't know what his deal is with Cedric but he's not mad at you, I promise. Have you tried asking him?" She got angry at his words and he held up his arms in surrender, "Okay, okay. I was just asking. Maybe - and this is just a suggestion - maybe you should try asking him not in front of people."

She thought about it for a moment. Maybe if she tried to talk to him when there wasn't anybody around, like Cedric, he might be more open and share how he truly felt. George pulled her hair away from her face and started braiding is as she calmed down and her breathing soon turned to normal.

"Maybe I could talk to him at the astronomy tower." She suggested and George nodded, tying off her braid with a rubber band he found on her night stand.

"You could." He pulled her towards him again and placed a kiss to her forehead. "Are you okay?" She nodded, giving him a smile. "Alright, time for a party!" He patted her on the back and stood up, walking over to her and Hermione's closet. "We gotta pick out something incredibly sexy for you to wear tonight."

+

A few hours later, after George took time in picking out her outfit and doing her hair and her makeup, the two were finally making their way down to the crowd that had come about in the Gryffindor common room. Hermione, Ron, Harry and a few others were waiting for the two to head down to the  Slytherin common room.

How Hermione even got invited was a mystery to Madelyn. She wondered if Fred would be going. She suddenly grew anxious and rubbed her hands over her bare arms that were shown in the dress that George picked out. It was simple and black, reached about mid thigh and had a v-neck top. He paired it with matching black heels which Maddie knew were going to come off by the end of the night.

Hermione was dressed in a beautiful green dress, something way out of her comfort zone and Maddie wondered if there was a certain someone she was trying to impress. The boys were dressed up nicely, well nicely for Harry and Ron. They still weren't on speaking terms and Madelyn was really starting to get annoyed with the two.

She could tell Hermione was too.

"Oh, Madelyn! You look amazing." Hermione turned and ran over to Maddie, pulling her into a hug as she giggled. "C'mon, they're all waiting for us." Hermione grabbed Maddie's wrist and pulled her towards the enterance to the common room, the boys following quickly after.

The quietly made it to the sytherin common room, excitement running through their veins as they tired to be quiet to not get caught by Filtch. Maddie was excited but nervous. She knew both Fred and Cedric would be there and she didn't want anything to happen. She still had no idea why Fred was mad at her for getting help from Cedric.

The group neared the syltherin common room and Hermione muttered the password she knew somehow and the doors opened. The group walked in and were suddenly met with green lights engulfing the room and the smell of booze and sweat.