four.

THE CHAIR SQUEAKED ACROSS THE FLOOR AS MADELYN PULLED IT OUT BEFORE TAKING A SEAT

THE CHAIR SQUEAKED ACROSS THE FLOOR AS MADELYN PULLED IT OUT BEFORE TAKING A SEAT. Harry took the one next to her and they both dropped their bags onto the floor to get ready for Snape's lesson.

"But, did he seem really mad?" Harry asked for the thousandth time this morning. Maddie opened her book to the page that was written on the board.

"I don't know, Harry. He was being a bitch." She shook her jeans and turned to look at him, seeing him eye Hermione and Ron across the room. "Harry, don't worry about it too much. He'll come around eventually." She put a comforting hand on his shoulder and pat it twice before turning back to the board.

Today they were going to be making the 'Wit - Sharpening Potion'. Harry grabbed the ingredients as Maddie went to the cabinet to grab their coldren. Unfortunately, she walked up to the cabinet at the same time as Malfoy.

"Willows." He blocked her coldren with his body so she couldn't reach it. Crabbe and Goyle were on either side of her, she was cornered.

"Malfoy, I need to grab that." Maddie tried to move around him to grab it but he kept moving every time she did. She groaned and gave up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You've gained a few pounds. Just imagine how disappointed your father would be with you." Her face dropped and she gulped, looking back up at him. She gained a few pounds?

"I know." She looked down at her feet and heard everyone around her already working on their potions. She wasn't worried about Snape giving her detention, he was good friends with her father and hadn't ever given her detention.

"Piss off, Malfoy." Harry came up behind her and managed to push Malfoy off the shelf, grabbing their coldren. Maddie wondered if Harry had been standing there long. Had he heard their conversation?

She brushed off the thought when he didn't ask her about it as they walked back to their table. Harry started to chop up the ingredients while Maddie looked at the directions and dumped the ingredients in the coldren.

Harry and her fell into a comfortable conversation about school so far. Harry had also shared his attraction to Cho, a girl from Ravenclaw. He had said they talked the other day and he liked talking to her. Maddie said that she was happy for him, that he deserved to find someone that loves him.

She was that kind of person. The one to tell her friends that they deserved more while going through a break up, or to tell them how amazingly kind and thoughtful they were. She would always ask everyone how they were doing and let them know that she is always there for them.

As for her when it comes to love, she hadn't really thought about it. If she were being honest, she wasn't sure if she was capable of loving another or having another love her. She didn't really understand it, her parents weren't really in love.

When she would think about it, she knew that i'd love was like what her parents had, she didn't want it. Her father would get angry at the littlest things and take it out on her mother. They fought a lot and Maddie remembers her mother telling her to hide and the closet and plug her ears.