Rooftop Romance | M.K.

"Do you think—birds know they can like, fall and die the moment they y'know, decide to stop flying?"

There you go again. Rambling candidly about the most bizarre thing you could think of. Just you and your pretty little mind under the cloudy blue skies.

"Like, what happens when they get tired of flapping their wings? I mean—does that even make sense? Like, I don't know, birds don't look like they have the best stamina in the animal kingdom. Y'know what I mean?"

He cracked a grin. You like to say 'like' a lot. It's cute.

"And don't get me started on those big ass eagles man! How do they even lift themselves up—how do they even take flight?! Oh wait—I guess they are pretty huge—but still! Hella weird," you ramble and you do that thing where you look at him and it drives him crazy.

"You know what else is super weird?" you asked but he knew it was rhetoric so he doesn't bother to answer.

"How my day is instantly poopy the moment I forget to wear my healing bracelet," you emphasized on 'healing bracelet' as if you think he knew which one you were talking about. You had eight of them. Or maybe nine. His mom gifted you a new one recently.

"Like okay, maaaybe it's placebo effect, but I swear the other day I forgot to wear one and suddenly I miss the bus, I miss the train, I forget my textbook—that stupid fucking textbook I never take out from my bag!—and then, of course, you decide to forget we were gonna get ramen after class," you roll your eyes as you say the last part. He suppressed a laugh.

Admittedly, Miyaura could listen to you talk all day and that's saying a lot considering he hates when people too much (trust him, he's friends with Nishida Yuji and Fukuyama Taichi). He wonders if you know how much you amuse him. Probably not. You don't know a lot of things. You are dense. Even denser than that failed sponge cake you tried to bake for him on his birthday.

"Hello??? Are you here or are you still thinking about that stupid girl?" your tone darkened and you uncrossed your legs so they sprawl out in front of you.

He raised his eyebrows in genuine confusion. "Huh? What girl?"

You rolled your eyes, "That girl who smiled at you this morning," you clarify and he laughs. He didn't suppress it this time.

You were jealous. Maybe that's why you didn't give him the last piece of sausage in your bento box. He gets it now.

"This funny to you Miya?" you deadpan, but he knew you weren't actually mad. You just wanted to seem mad. You usually do that when you want to get some sort of reaction from him.

He shook his head frantically, "Nope. Not at all."

"Then? Why did you laugh?" you raised your left brow and tilted your head to the side.

He smiled. "Nothing. I just thought you were—"

"I'm not jealous!" you drawled out, cutting him off mid-sentence. You do that thing again where you pout but you're not pouting in a way that was cringe. You were pouting because you were mad. Except you weren't and damn, he's so in love with you.

"Cute. I meant to say I thought you were cute," he grinned, "It's cute that you even remember that random girl smiling at me. That's all," he clarified. You frown and your cheeks are turning red. You were embarrassed.

"Oh," you cleared your throat, clearly avoiding his eyes. "I-I mean, how could I not? She was obviously tryna flirt with you. Did you see the way she looked you up and down?!" you exasperated, completely facing him now.