《Chapter 5: The Sword of the Empire》

Duke Cassius Winter is known throughout the entire Empire of Lumina as the Empire's sword and the Emperor's loyal guard dog.

He is the youngest man in history to become the head of his family at the young age of 17 years old due to a huge massacre that took place. Because of this, many both fear and respect the young Duke.

His territory is named The Eternal Frost which is located deep in the secluded North region. In The Eternal Frost, it snows every day throughout the entire year due to the Duke's magic. He wields the power of frost, a unique magic only passed down in the Winter family.

He rarely ventures out to the Capital, so he is surrounded by an aura of mystery. The only time he visits the Capital is when he travels to the Imperial Academy located near the Palace.

During this time, they could see the Duke's majestic carriage but they never saw a glimpse of the man himself.

Many citizens in the Capital heard many rumors about the Duke.

Such as the Duke is the most handsome man in the Empire with hair so white it resembled snow and shimmering aquamarine eyes. He was very tall at 6'5" and he had bulging muscles which made him seem intimidating yet his personality was that of a cute puppy which made him seem bright like the sun that made both women and men swoon.

The most popular rumor of them all is that apparently, the Duke fell in love with a commoner named Lucy Belle during a recent demon expedition in the Capital hosted by the Imperial Academy.

This was shocking news as Lucy Belle was the woman that the Crown Prince, Axel fell in love with too. To make this even more surprising, the Crown Prince's three best friends since childhood also fell in love with her which caused a great rift between the four friends! But they eventually figured it out and decided that it was up to Lucy to choose who she wants to be with on the day they graduate in 2 years.

No one could figure out what was so special about Lucy Belle! But when they found out she has the rare light ability and was granted special permission from the Emperor to attend the Imperial Academy, the citizens were enlightened! Lucy Bell was the Saintess Incarnated!

No wonder 5 powerful and prominent figures fell in love with a sweet angel like her!

Lucy, the wielder of the light ability was praised as the Saintess who could help eradicate the evil demons once and for all!

The citizens could not stop gossiping about the Duke. Another piece of juicy gossip swooped in and shook the entire Capital!

Crown Prince Axel convinced his father, Emperor Alen to expel the Duke from the Imperial Academy!

This was the first time in history that anyone of Duke Cassius's status was expelled from the Imperial Academy.

The Imperial Academy was an elite school for nobility and royalty between the ages of 14 and 20 to attend to learn about their magic powers and how to control them, so it was no wonder it was such a great shock to the citizens of Lumina that Duke Cassius was expelled from the Imperial Academy.