2 House of the rising sun

"Give the gift of your absence to the people who not appreciate your presence"

After mine and Klaus's talk, I decided to change and head downstairs to the Library where I sat comfortably in front of the fire with 'How to kill a mockingbird'. As I read the book, my hearing caught sound of a new presence outside. 

They had parked the car and were saying things.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick down your bloody door." the irritation laced voice spoke and I just realized that I hadn't seen Elijah since taking off the furniture covers.

I mark where I stopped in the book before walking to the front door, seeing a blonde haired woman who looked like the female version of Klaus. 

"May I ask who you are?" I ask

"Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car – get them, will you?" The woman says

"Darling, put a little effort and do it yourself" I say back and she snaps her head to me, glaring.

"Right. You're that weirdo girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Eden, isn't it?" Blondie says, tilting her head to the side.

"You have your brother's manners I see" I laugh much to her annoyance.

"And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" she snaps and I roll my eyes at her.

"Oh calm down darling, oh and da-God knows. Haven't seen him in a while" I shrug, correcting my mistake.

"What do you mean, "a while"?" Blondie asks and I just shrug.

"Oh hell no, this means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Blondie yells walking into the living room and yelling. Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room.

"Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" Klaus says 

"They were very rude. Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." I laugh out loud at her roast as Klaus rolls his eyes at my amusement.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." Klaus says

"I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah asks

"Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I." Klaus taunts