Originally, Kaeya was supposed to get a masterless Hydro vision and acted as a spy for Abyss. Though he joined the final war on the Abyss side, he let himself be defeated under the hands of his adopted brother, Diluc, and confessed his regret of choosing his duty over his family. Though angry at his betrayal, Diluc wailed as he hugged his lifeless body tightly. Their side story broke their hearts.

When they got reincarnated, they spent a lot of time with the brothers since their parents were close business partners as well. They followed their steps except knight training as they wanted to follow adventurer life. They didn't know how but Kaeya received a Cryo vision on that night and the two brothers separated. Even though they were separated, they could still see their brotherly bond as they helped each other out discreetly or indiscreetly. They had their doubts whether he worked as a spy or not, but hearing Dainsleif's direct answer made them release relieved sighs simultaneously.

Diluc called out to them from the front, "you two coming?"

"Coming!", they answered back with smiles.

~

Childe just got out of their temporary tent after discussing their plan when he received a letter from Liyue. Ekaterina mentioned that they will look into a spy who took photos of them. She let him know that the twins had left for Mondstadt. She also added a letter from Lumine before she left for her hometown.

In Lumine's letter, she apologized for leaving earlier than scheduled before adding 'we are even now' playfully. She asked how long his mission will take and how is his family. She sent an apology to Teucer for not joining this time. Then, she ended the letter with 'I don't know when will you be free but if you can make it, I want to invite you over for the Windblume festival'. A tender smile finally reached his face after grumbling for two days straight.

"Hey, ice woman, are you seeing this? That grumpy brat is smiling just from a letter", Scaramouche teased from the side.

"Indeed, like a lovesick puppy, isn't he?", she joined in.

Childe glared at the two, "fuck off."

"Anddd, he is back", she scoffed.

Childe tucked away the letter in his coat, "so, the plan is on tomorrow."

He looked towards Scaramouche, "are you ready?"

For the first time, he saw a hint of nervousness insides his indigo eyes.

Signora seemed to notice that as well and asked, "we can change if you-"

"No!", he cut her off and shook his head, "I am prepared for this."

They looked at each other, "ok then, you will face Raiden Shogun while Childe distracted her general. I will check with the Grand Narukami Shrine. You know when to retreat."

The indigo man nodded, "before she uses musou no hitotachi."

He looked at both of them, "and you know, you should leave when she used it and I still didn't come back."

Signora agreed with a slow nod while Childe complained with a frown, "I still don't like this plan."

Scaramouche scowled at him, "you just want to fight with Raiden. Well, fat chance, this is my fight."

Childe was about to argue but Signora cut in, "do you really have to bite each other now? Scaramouche, go rest up for tomorrow. And Childe, aren't you supposed to write a letter back to her?"

Childe straightened up and excitedly left for his tent to write a reply. Scaramouche scoffed behind him.