Chapter 4

It had been a week since you started working with Hawks, and today you had the day off as Hawks had some meetings and a mission he needed to do. You were able to sleep in, waking up around ten. You stared up at the ceiling as you petted Hiro who was cuddled up next to you. You grabbed your phone, scrolling through to see if you had any new messages. You saw one from an unknown number, saying, 'I forgot to do one report but I emailed it to you so if you could do that, that would be great. Have a good day off.' you could assume it was from Hawks so you set his contact and finally got out of bed. You changed out of your pajamas into some leggings and a comfortable sports bra, sliding on your slippers and heading to the kitchen. You fed hiro and made some breakfast for yourself, then heading to your office to do the report real quick.

Once you finished, you decided you would take the day to clean up around your house. You put some music on, and got to work. You hummed along to the song as you started in the kitchen, doing dishes and wiping down all the surfaces. You organized your fridge and pantries, also seeing what you needed to restock up on. Once you finished you got out the mop and cleaned the floor, then heading to the living room to clean up and dust. You continued humming to the music as you opened a window to let some fresh air in. You then started on the guest bathroom, disinfecting and wiping things down.

It was around noon now, and you were taking a lunch break, scrolling through your phone as you ate. Hiro was laying on the rug in the living room, playing with a toy. You finished your food, cleaning up and heading over to the living room to play with him for a little bit. You then headed to your bedroom to start cleaning there. You made your bed, dusted, and did some laundry. You then cleaned your bathroom and were finally done. You headed back to the living room, opening the doors to your balcony and stepping outside to stretch a little bit. You stretched out your wings and looked down at the people. Your place was on the top floor of the apartment building so you could look down at the city and the people. You gave your wings a quick flap and headed back inside, closing the balcony door. You then threw on a shirt and grabbed your shoes and wallet to go to the store to get some food.

Once you got home it was about five pm. You opened the door, heading inside and were surprisingly not met by Hiro. You took off your shoes confused, as you headed into the kitchen to put down the groceries. You walked out into the living room to see the balcony door was opened and that something was on your couch. Hiro came running out of your room, meowing like crazy as he hid behind your leg. You moved to look at what or who was on your couch, ready to fight until you saw a familiar crimson color. You headed over to the couch to see Hawks all beaten up and breathing hard. "Oh my gosh Hawks, are you ok?!" you said, immediately going over to start healing him. He had burns and cuts all over his body and a big gash in his leg. "Yeah, seems I got a little too reckless" he said, wincing as you started healing the burns. You were confused on how he knew where you lived, but decided you would ask him later. You finished healing his arms and face, moving down to his torso. You slowly removed his jacket and shirt, starting to heal the burns and cuts on his stomach and back. "What the hell did you do?" you said looking up at him. "Lets just say I encountered some crazy villains" he said with a soft laugh, then wincing as you started healing a big burn on his back. You just shook your head as you slowly leaned him forward so he was resting on your shoulder as you continued to work on his back. "Woah Angel, getting bold while I'm hurt" he said smirking. You blushed, surprised he could be making snarky comments at this time. "You idiot, don't get used to it" you said trying to hide your blush. He laughed as you laid him back. "Oh that feels so much better" he said, as his breathing came a little more easier. You ripped part of his pants to start working on the huge gash on his leg. You could feel him staring at you as you started healing, and bringing the skin and muscles back together. A couple feathers started to fall out as you finished. You took his jacket and shirt to the wash and came back with some other clothes he could change into, helping him to the bathroom. "I'll go make you some food while you get changed" you said as you closed the bathroom door and headed to the kitchen to start cooking.

He came out of the bathroom and slowly sat himself down at the counter. You handed him a plate of food and some water as you then went to the bathroom to grab his other clothes to throw into the wash. Once you returned to the kitchen you quickly fed Hiro, then turning to Hawks to start questioning him. "I can tell you're gonna ask how I found you" he said looking up from his food. You nodded, saying, "I'm not mad, just confused I guess" you said as you started eating your own food. "I saw you out on your balcony earlier today, before I encountered those villains so I knew where to go to find you" he said finishing his food, as you took the plate and placed it in the sink. "Oh I see" you said nodding as you finished your own food. "I can tell you are also confused about the villains" he said, looking down at Hiro who was meowing up at him. "Well sorry sweetheart, it was a secret mission so I can't share some things with you yet, but this won't be the end" he said seriously, then smirking as he saw the blush on your face. "What was that for?" you said turning around and pretending to do something to hide your blush. He laughed, as you then heard him stand up and wince a bit. "I've healed the wounds but you are still gonna be sore" you said, turning back around and walking over to him, helping him to the couch.

"You are free to stay here for the night, I have a guest room you can use" you said as you grabbed Hiro before he could jump up onto him. "Thanks I don't think I could fly home right now honestly" he said laughing a bit. You headed to the guest room to set up the bed. While you were in there, he noticed one of your feathers on the floor that had fallen off and picked it up to look at it. It looked a little withered but still had the pure color to it. You headed back to the living room once you were done to see him looking at the feather. "Oh didn't notice some had fallen off" you said as you picked up the other ones. "Your wings are so pure, has anyone ever told you that?" he said, continuing to look at the feather, catching you off guard. "Nope, you are the first" you said, as you threw away the withered feathers as they would grow back. "You can keep that one if you want to" you said sitting on the other side of the couch, Hiro sitting on your lap. "Thanks, there's something about your wings and feathers that just brings a sense of peace" he said, putting the feather carefully into his pocket.

--------------

It was about nine now, and you and Hawks were just watching some tv as you started using your quirk to try and bring some relief to his muscles. "That quirk of yours sure is useful" he said, laughing a bit as he started to relax a little more. You smiled, moving from his shoulder to his back. He leaned forward a little bit as you started using your quirk along his back. He let out a sigh of relief, leaning back once you were done. You then did his legs, taking a bit more time where the gash was as the muscle had to be remade with your quirk. Once you were done you relaxed into the couch, petting Hiro. "That feels so much better" Hawks said, closing his eyes. You smiled, turning off the tv and helping him up to the guest bedroom. "My room is across the hall if you need anything, goodnight Hawks" you said, as he carefully got into the bed. "Goodnight Angel, and thank you" he said, giving his signature smile. You smiled back, closing the door, and heading to your own room.