BATTLE OF THE WALL

Começar do início

"We do not kneel. Not to your brother or any southern king." Tormund said effectively ending the conversation.

Jon shook his head in disbelief before he left the room with a feeling of failure. He arrived in the court yard, just in time to see his fallen brothers being put to rest.

"And now there watch has ended." Allister Thorne said before lighting the pyre.

"And now there Watch has ended" Jon muttered bowing his head as the pyre was lit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A day after the funeral, Jon found his brother surrounded by the remaining members of the Night's Watch, with Robb sitting in the middle, and telling a story from the war.

Jon had to hold his laughter upon seeing his Kingly brother. Robb sitting amongst the members of the Night's Watch could easily be mistaken as a mummer from the South, if not for his rich fur cloak.

“Then what happened?” A Black Brother asked. He was almost bouncing from one foot to another with excitement.

“Well then, well then the exciting stuff happened,” Robb drawled out, no doubt enjoying the captivated audience.

Jon shook his head in amusement. He knew that Robb had many talents, but story telling, that is something new to him.

“That shit you just said weren’t the exciting stuff? The fuck!” Pyp snapped his leg, extremely pleased as he spiled some of his water in his happiness.

“Lord Hightower was in chains, and his army scattered when my Cavalry flanked him from behind" Robb said charismatic "Then I carried on, with the rest of my Infantry and heavy horse, and smashed him from three sides!” Robb may sound like a mummer, but to his brothers he sounded like The Warrior of the Seven Gods himself. They were completely captivated by his words.

“How did You flank him?” Sam asked, but he instantly looked self-conscious as the group’s attention turned to him. “I mean, ah if they, I mean if they were you know?,” Sam’s confidence died in awkwardness.

Edd slapped him on the shoulder, and the son of Horn Hill took a deep breath, nodded to himself and continued. “How did you flank him, Without Lord Hightower's scouts finding out ?”

Jon felt bad for Sam. His father Randyll Tarly had fought against Robb, and Sam was terrified what his brother will do in displeasure, if Robb ever finds out that Sam is his former enemy's son.

“Through deception,” Robb replied kindly, not making an issue of Sam’s nervousness and smiling reassuringly at him, causing Sam to smile back nervously.

"My light cavalry frequently raided there main camp, always giving their scouts a fake illusion, that our army will attack from the front and not from behind" Robb explained patiently "That and Hightower was arrogant and inexperienced. He simple didn't see a flanking manoeuvre"

"Damm!!!!" Some of the Black Brothers muttered in excitement.

"But the manoeuvre that my Cavalry did on Old Town, was nothing compared to what I did at God's Eye".

The moment, the name God's Eye left Robb's lips, every member of the the Night's Watch sat up straighter. Even Thorne looked interested at that.