20//How it Started

Start from the beginning

However, it is the hamster turn to be confused. He stared at the youngest as he sniffs at the air around him, raising his brow as he caught a familiar scent.

"But Jungkook.. you've already been scented..."

"Huh?" Jungkook's eyes widened at that, his nose instinctively scrunched as he tries to get a whiff of his own.

"Tell me, Jungkook.. do you know exactly how scenting works?"

Embarrassment flows through the younger's body at this question. The poor bunny have never experienced having some sort of romantic relationship or at least met someone his animal self calls as potential mate.

So he never really dwelled deeply into how mates work, too focused in protecting hybrids than thinking of courting one. He has some knowledge on how to know a mated hybrid by their scents of another and the mate mark, but being the one to receive is far different than what the eye can see.

"N-Never really.. tried to court...or.. o-or at least.. b-be courted"

The Councilor nodded in understanding at his situation, but the other hybrid seems to be shaking on their feet at knowing the bunny never experiencing any form of romantic interest or overall, courting.

"I see.. well, I must inform you that your scent if filled by his Majesty's already"

"My scent? He.. already scented me?" Jungkook glanced at his King by his side, but the latter avoided making eye contact with him.

"An example of scenting is rubbing your nose on their necks where the mate mark should be. If a sense of possession and the want to bond is strong.. it changes to licking the neck instead"

L-Li-Licking..?

A familiar scene played in the younger's head, his hand subconsciously planting themselves onto his neck where he could still feel some sort of burning sensation onto it. The hamster continued on as if Jungkook isn't having a dilemma at the moment.

"The main need of scenting is showing the first step of claiming or mating, it's more subconscious than anything... but does show the mutual want to connect or bond"

The King had already scented him ever since he pulled such a stunt in the training field and might have cursed at the white tiger, it wasn't the most romantic reason for his first scenting, but it still made his neck redden.

Jungkook decided to swallow down his flustered state and nodded at the hamster, giving him the permission to be scented by him.

With one last glance from the King, Jin excused himself to the younger, his nose now buried onto the latter's neck as he starts scenting down to his collarbones.

Being in close proximity with the bunny, the oldest could see all kinds of scars as he stares down under the younger's shirt. He soon took this opportunity to hook a finger at Jungkook's collar and slowly slid it down to reveal more of his shoulders to scent on.

There he sees healed claw marks close to his chest area, Jin couldn't completely see the entire scar due to the bunny's garments, but he knows it goes down to his ribs.

His mind lead back on the day where they had dinner all together.

"Joon, let's have a small.. chat after this.."

Right. Namjoon told him everything.

--//FLASHBACK//--