When Elena had woken up, she was greeted by Esther who instructed her to go to Ayana's house. So she found herself walking towards Ayana's house when Lilith quickly approached her.

"Elena! Are you feeling better? Everyone misses you,"

"Yes, I am feeling much better,"

"You are far too kind, Elena. I would never throw myself in front of a rock just to protect a rabbit,"

It was the lie she had told her friends. No one in the village knew how cruel Mikael was, and some part of her wished to keep it that way.

"One day you shall learn to put yourself over others, that way you won't get hurt,"

Elena paused and looked at Lilith, who was still walking. It was clear to her that Lilith was serious.

"I do not mind getting hurt for the ones I love,"

Elena quickly caught back up with her.

"I was not referring to your loved ones,"

The rest of the walk was silent until she reached Ayana's door.

"You are like a little sister to me, Elena. I don't like to see you hurt,"

Without another word, Lilith walked away. Elena turns towards the door, sighing before knocking on it. Ayana opened the door and ushered Elena inside.

"Good, Esther finally sent you,"

"Yes, only mother did not inform me of the reason I am here,"

Ayana releases a sigh as her hand goes to her temples. She had expected that Esther wouldn't tell Elena.

"Elena, you are a witch,"

Ayana takes a moment to watch Elena before continuing.

"You do not seem surprised. I can only assume you already know this information,"

Elena opened her mouth to defend herself, but Ayana immediately cut her off.

"This is no place for lies, Elena. I am here to teach you how to control your magic, so tell me everything you know how to do,"

Ayana sighs at the hesitant look on Elena's face.

"I won't ask who taught you magic if that is what you are worried about,"

"I do not know much about magic,"

Ayana only gives her a small nod, knowing that it was the only answer she would get. She leaves the room and grabs a rock, a glass of water, two wooden bowls, and a candle before setting them on a table.

"Elena, I want you to levitate the rock,"

With a nod, Elena takes off her bracelet and lifts her finger. They both watched as the rock gradually lifted off the table.

Ayana looked at Elena curiously.

She knew Elena was powerful, but for her to be able to perform magic without using words...

Ayana could feel the magic that steadily emanates from Elena. It was as if her magic was like a never-ending ocean.

Elena lowered her finger, causing the rock to land on the table once again.

Usually, witches would need to use one or both of their hands to levitate an item, but it was clear that Elena didn't even need to use that one finger that she was using now.

"Do it again without using your finger,"

Elena nodded, but this time the entire table levitated. Ayana quickly used her magic to set the table down again.

"You must focus on the item you wish to move,"

Elena takes a deep breath and wills herself to levitate the rock. A smile appears on her face when the rock smoothly floats up into the air and lands back onto the table gently.

Ayana stood up and grabbed both bowls off the table. Carefully, she placed the bowls in front of Elena before sitting back down.

"Inside the bowl is a very special seed, when you apply the right amount of magic the seed will bloom. The type of flower that blooms depends on the user,"

"Watch me,"

Elena watches as Ayana closes her eyes and holds her hands over the wooden bowl.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Melan Veras,"

Elena watched as Ayana's flower began to bloom.

"Purple irises represent wisdom,"

Elena hadn't even realized the words came out of her mouth until she looked up at Ayana.

"I hadn't realized you were fond of nature,"

A smile appeared on Elena's face.

"I enjoy it,"

Wordlessly, Ayana took Elena's hands and placed them above the bowl.

"Although it is not necessary for you, it would be best for you to speak the incantations,"

Elena nods before closing her eyes.

"Phasmatos Tribum, Melan Veras,"

Elena hesitantly opened one eye. Her body relaxes at the sight of a light pink flower that she had never seen before.

"It is called a lotus flower, they symbolize purity, enlightenment, beauty, and grace,"

"I have not seen it before,"

"It is not a common flower here,"

Ayana stands up and dusts her dress off.

"It is getting rather late, we will continue tomorrow,"

Elena stands up and heads towards the door.

"Would you like me to walk you home?"

"Yes, thank you,"

After that day Elena began to visit Ayana every other day. Ayana was the first person who encouraged Elena to write down her thoughts, feelings, and anything else that she deemed important. During the time the two had spent together, Elena began to think of Ayana as a second mother.