When (Y/N) exited from the basement, he found red marks covering the living room. The scratches lead out through the back door, so he decided to follow.

He strolled out onto the grass, following the trail away from the home and down past the long bushes. Not to far ahead, he saw the black wisps of a bob cut shrink back behind a tree.

"Not very hidden." He sighed to himself but continued walking.

Feng held tight against the bark of the tree, her breaths laboured as she thought she might've been able to save Yun-Jin. In the end, she was wrong and had to run.

The girl slowly peaked around the tree. A second later, a blade jutted forward, clipping one half of her hair and sending the strands flying as she squeaked in surprise and tripped. She gasped when she hit the ground, but her eyes floated to her appearance.

"My hair." She said in a dejected tone. Her hand floated up to the missing piece that made her bob cut look completely off centre. When she looked up, she expected to be stabbed for real this time. But instead she watched the killer crouch down at her side.

"I didn't mean to cut your hair. I'm sorry." (Y/N) apologised, examining the mishap. While it was true that actually cutting her would've been worse, messing up someone's appearance was a real anger inducing thing.

Feng flinched away out of habit, feeling uncomfortable in her current situation. The killer wasn't supposed to be nice. This must've been a red herring.

(Y/N) stood back up with an exhale. He reached a hand down, grabbing Min's hand even though she struggled. He pulled her back to her feet and released her. "If you run, I'll give you a head start. I don't want to be unfai-"

His offer made Feng's eyes widen in surprise, but she didn't get to hear the rest as another voice cut in.

"Hey!" Tapp shouted. (Y/N) glanced back along the road to see the man now healed and staring at him. Was everyone just oblivious to him trying to help? He knew he had to play the trial even if he was killer, but that didn't mean he was going to play by the rules. If he could give them an edge, he would.

"What's up?" (Y/N) called back in an intentionally friendly tone.

"Don't you wanna chase me instead. Get me on that hook one more time and I'm dead." Tapp sounded out.

"Yeah- I don't really care, to be honest." (Y/N) said, turning back to Feng, only to see her about 5 meters away and gaining more distance. With an huff of air, he turned around to face Tapp again. He ran towards the man who immediately moved in the opposite direction.

"Guess you changed your mind." Tapp noted, dribbling between the card and other scattered objects as you followed hot on his trail.

When the man rounded a tree and headed down towards a garage where a pallet was leaning against the wall. (Y/N) lunged forward, narrowly missing Tapp as he just managed to throw the pallet down. But that didn't stop the other man from quite literally throwing his knife at him.

The blade swished through the detective's arm, stabbing into the back wall of the garage as Tapp groaned and sprang inside the home.

"Am I even allowed to do that?" (Y/N) thought aloud as he kicked the pallet. Throwing knives seemed like Ji-Woon's thing.

Tapp hid in the upstairs of the new home. He tried to shake off the pain in his arm as he stood next to a pallet in the bedroom. His head switched back and forth between both doorways he could be attacked from.

The thudding of his heart was a reminder that the killer was still nearby. When his bpm suddenly settled, he knew something was wrong.

"Tapp?" Jill's voice echoed through the house. Jill? What was she doing here? N-No... No, it had to be a trick.