To Catch a Murderer

It was around 5:00 am when I was awoken by Lucille's screams, it was pitch black outside because of the continuous snow that fell. I got up quickly, and because I was asleep in the spare servants quarters I got to the dinning room where she was first.

Lucille was standing in the door way, trembling horribly. I approached slowly, imagining the horrible sight that caused her to be this way. As I stood behind her I could hear her, whispering something in German.

"Oh mein Gott... dass sie tot..." She whispered. She turned to face me, and then swallowed as she stood to the side. I took a deep breath and walked in and saw what I expected to see, but worse.

Victoria laid there broken out from the handcuffs, an odd sword pierced through her chest. As if it had happened not too long ago, she laid in an expanding pool of her blood. It dropped down her cheeks as it was oozing slightly from the sides of her mouth.

Just as everyone arrived, I got onto my knees staining the old joggers I slept in. I reached into her front coat pocket and took out her badge, the badge that signified her as a Hill detective. I then stood up and faced Lucille, handing it to her.

"From this moment until further notice, you shall be my partner. Being as you are the only other person who has proven the worth and ability in doing so." I said giving a small glare to Jennifer, who stopped glaring at Lucille as I handed her the badge.

"Ja!" She said, standing straight giving me a German salute. I looked at her misty eyes, threatening to burst in tears.

I picked her up and held her in my arms for a second, staining the old white t-shirt I was wearing. I turned and walked out of the dinning room, everyone stood to the side as I walked by.

I went into the boiler room where we had Elizabeth's body, I set her down gently and picked up a white sheet to cover her with. I was lost in thought, I didn't know what I was doing.

I felt a hand in my shoulder and it shocked me back into reality. I looked back and saw Foxhound, and then down Victoria was covered up with the sheet.

"You've been through too much for such a young man." He told me funny, Foxhound rarely speaks unless he has too. Especially if it's about his job, everyone who does know what he does must always keep quiet about it. So in a way I lied to Erika when she asked.

"It's the bad things that happen in life, that make you who you are. I mean, without bad things and the pain felt from them, we would all be a bunch of spineless fools." I said a coldly.

"Well, after all you've been through you must have a pretty thick spine." Foxhound said.

"I guess..." I said.

"Your not the only one who was devastated when your mother died Luka."

"I know..."

"But, what cheers me up is that she's probably the same place your father is. You look exactly like him Luka, except your eyes those are your mothers. I think they're happy with each other don't you agree-" I cut him short and finally snapped.

"WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING! I REMEMBER WHO MY FATHER WAS, I NEVER KNEW HIM. HOW THE HELL WOULD I KNOW IF THEY WERE HAPPY!" I gritted my teeth. Foxhound lowered his voice and spoke slowly.

"I'm just saying you shouldn't let this bother you too much" he said.

"Does I look like it's bothering me, besides why shouldn't it!?" I replied.

"Because Victoria's... nevermind." He turned and began to leave. Foxhound said things that should be said but, didn't when he knew he shouldn't.

* * *