lavender and velvet

She really needed to focus so she could start her paper soon, but she didn't want to go through her English Literature reading again. It just didn't speak to her, which is why she'd been rereading it for almost an hour trying to figure out a paper topic. All thanks to it being a Compulsory Elective.

She chewed on the end of her pen, glancing at the section on warmth, panting, and passion. At least she felt connected to those concepts, even if what she felt was longing. She sighed and looked across the library, distracted by students leaving the building. It was just after midnight, but the library didn't close for another two hours. She scanned the nearby tables, thinking about passion, when she noticed him staring at her.

Pull up to the city
Tell me I'm your lily
I'll be in that dress you like
Body in vanilla
Yeah, I know it thrills ya
I know what is on your mind
Take you to a place where
You can see stars here
Nothing but the radio on

How long had he been looking at her? He sat at a table to her right, and his eyes watched her mouth. His eyes were intense and full of heat. She realized she was staring at him, so she forced her eyes back to her book. The words looked familiar but wouldn't stick in her brain. She couldn't forget how his eyes stalked her. Drank her in. Invaded her.

A blush crept across her neck, and she felt like a fool. That look was probably for someone else. That look couldn't be for her. That passion couldn't be for her.

She didn't inspire lust like that. She'd never learned the games and didn't want to. It wasn't in her to be coy or subtle, and she'd never been dainty or tiny. Her body was strong but really curvy - never tiny. She wasn't the type of woman who brought men to their knees. God to have him on his knees before her, his brown hair brushing her stomach..

Okay, it had just been way too long since they had had one of their normal exchanges. That's why the thought of him on his knees was making her wet. That had to be it. It was a perfectly logical explanation for her runaway thoughts.

She was dying to see if he was still looking at her because she sensed he was. It was childish and definitely insane, but she couldn't resist. She looked his way, and he was still staring. He wasn't even pretending to account but watched her as if he didn't have anywhere else to be. He sprawled back in the chair, legs stretched forward, and looked wicked and delicious.

His eyes slowly slid down her body and back up, taking in her long skirt and white tank top. She was overdressed for the library but came straight from home to start her paper. He winked at her as his lips curled in a half-smile. She closed her eyes immediately and felt her face turn red. Her desire was obvious, which was embarrassing. He was unraveling her with just his eyes, and boy did she ever want to be unraveled.

She opened her eyes to look at him again, but he was gone. She sighed and felt much too disappointed. Before she had time to berate herself for caring so much, she felt someone right behind her. She would've squealed if she could catch her breath. She knew it was him with an absolute certainty that made her shiver.

Baby let me love ya
I just wanna hold ya
We got nothing but the time

He whispered, "If you're as wet as I am hard, we'll be fucking amazing." His hot breath tickled her ear and gave her goosebumps.

"Amazing." He repeated. He dropped a scrap of paper on her book. She turned around, but he was already walking away.