19

I don't know y'all ever listen to the songs I include in the chapters sometimes but I highly recommend listening to this song.

It's so good.

Zen Love Hewitt

A couple of days later

It was now officially Thanksgiving break. Finals were done so everyone except Artemis had all the free time in the world. Artemis did have some free time but he still had to go to practice. The track teams first meet was tomorrow. As far as Artemis's new pet, he seems to have taking a really strong liking.

Currently I was on my way to Payne and Artemis's dorm. I was bored and Aries had already went home for Thanksgiving break. Knocking on the door, I waited for someone to answer. And of course, Payne opened the door.

"The hell you banging on the door for?" Payne rose an eyebrow.

"Boy please." I brushed passed him. "Art here?"

"Yeah. Him and Brownie sleep."

"I still can't believe he let you name the kitten that." I shook my head.

"You just mad that you didn't get to do it." He said.

"Whatever." I laughed.

"You know that kitten done stole your man right?" Payne said. "She given you some competition." He joked.

"You're annoying." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Yeah. Yeah. Let's watch a movie or something."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine with me."

_____
Omniscient

Zen and Payne did end up watching a movie , however once the movie was over they started having small talk. And that small talk led to discussing Artemis.

"You know. Artemis used to be really happy." Payne sighed. "That was awhile ago though." He mumbled. "And I know that as we grow up and experience life as adults, we're bound to change. I can't say for a fact that Artemis would still be be this way even if what happened didn't happen but." He paused. "You would have had to had known him back then. It was like something switched inside of him. An immediate change"

Zen stared at him curiously. "Something happened?"

Payne sighed, rubbing his hand over his head. Twisting his lips, he pondered over whether or not he should talk to her about this. He'd been wanting to talk about it for a while but whenever he brought it up to Artemis, the conversation almost always ended on a bad note.

"Okay look. Whatever I tell you. Don't bring it up to Artemis. It's not gonna do nothing but piss him off."

Zen furrowed her eyebrows but nodded her head nonetheless.