𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝕰𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖊

A/N: Last chapter of Part 1! A bit rushed and might be bad but I hope you enjoy!  

Chapter 12: Escape

Start... 

Emma was the only one missing. After Isabella had called the evacuation, everyone had retrieved their packs and headed towards the rendezvous point in the forest, waiting for Emma to appear. And when she did, your eyes widened at the wound on her ear, or rather lack of an ear. That girl... You were definitely going to give her a good slap later.

"Sorry for the wait you guys," Emma said, breathing heavily. "Emma, we need to treat your ear!" Anna said, alarmed at the wound. "Thanks, I'll have you take care of that later."

You put a hand on Anna's shoulder, Emma flinching when she felt your gaze boring into her. 'Don't listen to her. Treat her wound now,' you signed, glaring at the caramel-haired girl.

Emma's form tensed up, saluting with her free hand. "Aye." She was walking on really thin ice here. You were mad and she can't even imagine what kind of 'reprimanding' you were going to give her later.

After Anna had treated Emma's wound, you turned to Don, giving him a nod which he returned. "Alright everyone, it's time to go!" He announced. "To the wall!"

"Yeah!" The children cheered.

Ray still hadn't comprehended the entire situation as they started to run through the darkness of the night towards the wall. "Hey, Don. Do all of these guys know what's going on?" He asked. "About the House's secret... about how we're going to run away?"
"Yeah," Don answered simply. "How..." Ray asked as they continued to run.

"Emma told them," Don said before filling him in on the plan that Emma had set into motion, the same plan that Norman had informed you about after your fever. "At first, we told four. Nat, Anna, Lannion, Thoma. We let them hear what Sister said," he said, referring to the night that Norman and Emma had approached Krone.

"Since back then?" Ray asked, flabbergasted. He then recalled the many times he had seen the listed kids around you and Emma. He never realized that they were the ones who had carried out the plan for you while you drew Isabella's attention away from them. You were the control tower and they were the attacking planes.

"For the rest, we spent two months slowly recruiting them in," Don continued. Some took it harder than others but nevertheless, followed along with the plan.

In front of you, the wall came into view. This was it. The moment all of you got over this wall would be the moment that marked the end of a chapter. But it also marked the start of a new one.

Norman, this is it, you thought, looking up at the tall barrier. You could almost feel his presence next to you, encouraging you to continue on.

"Don and I will climb first. Afterwards, we can just hoist everybody else up," Emma instructed. "Everyone just has to do what we've practiced and we'll be fine. We're all going to get out of here in one piece!"

"Yeah!"

Ray stayed at the back of the group, watching in confusion. "Is this everyone?"

"Ray, what are you doing?! Climb up!" Emma called out, holding onto the rope securely as the kids started to climb up. "Y-Yeah," Ray said, grabbing hold of the rope.

After reaching the top, he surveyed the situation before coming to a realization. "The youngest ones aren't here...?" He said. "Don't tell me..."

"We're not taking them with us," Emma confirmed. "We're leaving the youngest kids at the farm."