RESURRECT

Our love is buried alive, one day I hope it resurrects and I hope it's the day I want it the least because that will be the day I'll need it the most.

I knew you were leaving so I hugged you a little longer. Was my long, long enough? It's never really enough, is it? You're leaving and suddenly I'm the one who can't breathe?

Kiss me like your soul is on fire. Kiss me like I'm your only source of oxygen, liveliness, and your existence. Kiss me with all your passion while this bright sun burns the back of my neck for I might never see you again. 

Or will I, maybe ten later? When I go to my son's school to pick him and you're there too? To take home yours? Will you smile and wave? Or will your eyes show complete indifference? Will your heart jump a little at the sound of my voice and will it dance with fondness after you smell the same perfume you did all those years ago? Will it remind you of innocence and simpler days?

Well, all I know is your soul touched mine in a way that made me forever yours. I want to beg you to stay. I want to fall to the ground and tell you to choose me but I can't. I can't do this to you.

I won't cry here, I'll give you my smiles and I'll give you my jokes. In my heart I'll simply beg for our love to never suffocate and die in the coffin we put it in.