"I can imagine ballerinas sneaking around in all black"

"I wish it was that cool, normally it's because we can't say who we belong to if we're working with other companies"

"So how do you answer when they ask?"

"Well on the bus we usually make up a name"
shrugging my shoulders the girl who was hosting placed glasses of Champagne on the table.

"Aubrey, you still haven't introduced me to your date" the woman spoke touching my shoulder, shrugging it off I looked up at her to see if she was out of her mind, demented, maybe she got dementia, and doesn't remember she's fifteen minutes from Harlem.

"Emily don't do that" Aubrey warned the tan woman, her brown hair curly like loose rings, not even a full coil. "What's wrong?"

"Miss I hope you understand this ain't Canada, please keep yo hands from me" thoroughly explaining my feelings I took the glass still cool a chugged down the contents in it.

"I'm sorry I didn't think that would be a problem"

"Well, it is" After handing her the glass my eyes stayed closed trying to calm down.

"Okay I'll be sending your waiter" she quickly scurried off and with her gone my blood still boiled.

"Yewande are you okay?"

"Is that even your cousin?" Sucking my teeth at his silence I grabbed my purse from the table.

"I'll catch a cab" rising from my seat I walked past the table not paying attention to any of his calls.

Walking past the front desk, I saw the grin deep into Miss Emily's face, I scuffed walking right out into the hot summer sun.

Opening my phone I ordered an Uber, tapping my heel against the concrete I heard doors open.

"Yewande, please listen to me" rushing down the stairs he caught my arm, "Bro I don't do liars if this you, I want nothing to do you".

"It's not like that, she's a family friend she's basically a cousin to me"

"So why this bitch smirking at me like she accomplished something, are y'all on some incest shit" maintaining a low voice he pulled me closer to him.

"Lemme get the car and I'll explain"

"No, tell me right here" yanking my arm back again.

"Baby, do you not see people starting to crowd around?" his eyes didn't leave mine but I gazed across the street seeing the public glaring into our conversation.

"I'll get you Five Guys like I promised" the charm in his smile persuaded me far more than the food, taking his hand into mine.

I let him lead me to the car.
.
.
.
Walking him into my parent's apartment with bags of food, I kept walking to my old room while Aubrey stayed behind talking with them.

"Is she angry?" I heard mom ask, "Yeah I messed up".

"It's okay, no mistake is irreversible. Young man, just make sure mistakes don't become habits" Dad added hearing notches embedded into the hardwood floors that covered the entire layout.

A soft knock hit my door and I removed my ear from it slightly opening the door, "I and Your mother are heading to bed, don't kill him" rolling my eyes he kissed my forehead.

"Good night" he smiled walking past my bedroom and to his own, mom also said good night kissing both of my cheeks like I was still a kid.

Heading back into my room I quickly washed my face and pulled on a pair of grey shorts with a white tank top.

Placing my bonnet over my head; I walked into the living room seeing him on the living room couch.

My legs took me past him I went straight to the fridge grabbing two bottles of beer out.

"Say what you gotta say?" placing both bottles on the coffee table, I opened one of the boxes.

In the name of revenge, I made him drive almost an hour to White Plains just because my mood change and Five Guys wasn't what I wanted anymore.

"I apologize for the misunderstanding"
"You've been doing a lot of apologizing" biting into a piece of fried chicken my heart wasn't easily swayed.

"Emily and I grew up like cousins and we never did anything, I can't even think of that shit-"

"Shut up and get to the point, home gurl is definitely fingering herself to Take Care" placing the bone in the box I moved on to a flat.

"I honestly don't know her deal but I apologize for her behavior"

"I accept but I don't know how those Toronto girls do things but if you want to pursue anything with me, please check the women you bring my way. Cause they will get touched" calmly setting the tone I bit into the piece of fried chicken.

"Pursue?" He asked taking a piece from the box in front of me, "Yeah pursue, what else do you call taking beautiful ass girls on dates where they can't pay the bill or drive themselves?".

"Touché"

"Touché my ass, what are you gonna do after this?" Placing another bone into the box I popped open the bottle of water sitting in front of me. "I don't really got much to do"

"You wanna go on an adventure?" My lips curved into a smirk as he looked into my brown eyes laced with curiosity.

"Your serious?" Aubrey asked and I nodded wiping my fingers on the napkin.

"We don't even have to drive" moving my body I faced him looking dead-on; loitering for an answer.

My tongue turned in my mouth, "I'm down" using his chopsticks he ate a rice cake leaning back into the couch in comfort.

𝙷𝚎𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚢𝚢

𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛, 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚝❤️

𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛❤️