23 Turning the table

Start from the beginning

Khushi was sitting in the room, thinking something deep. Arnav came in and saw her lost. He went to the washroom to get fresh. She came out changing. Still, Khushi was the same. somewhat, he understood why she looks like that. He flicked his finger near her ear. Khushi flinched back.

"What happened? Are you alright?" Arnav sat on the recliner, looking at her.

She nodded yes smilingly.

"You looked lost..."

Khushi was silent.

"Anything... shall I know?" he questioned her again.

Khushi looked down.

"If you don't like to tell me..."

"No Arnavji... nothing like that..." she said, cutting him.

Arnav kept looking at her, expecting her to tell him.

"Genuinely saying Arnavji, I never felt like I'm an orphan before because I knew there is no use in feeling bad about it... It's reality... But, after coming to your family, it feels like I'm very unlucky... I have been lost many beautiful things in my life. If my mother would not have thrown me in the dustbin, I might also have had a family like this... I too had gotten such happiness in my life... What's my mistake? For the mistake of two lusty people, I'm suffering in my life... Getting insulted by people for being an orphan..."

Arnav gulped down, seeing her teary eyes.

"Family is a wonderful thing in the world. Mother, father, sister, brother, mama, mami, how good these people are...!"

Arnav didn't know what to say. He didn't expect her to open her heart up with him. He so wanted to say something and console her. But, her next stance made him understand why she felt bad.

"I feel bad for lying to your family Arnavji. It feels bad for cheating on them. They will get hurt if they got to know everything is a drama... Facing them will be embarrassing Arnavji..." She said with guilty.

Arnav understood why she was feeling bad.

"Khushi, I can understand. But, it's not your mistake. Because of me, you are forced to lie..."

"No Arnavji, it's a pure humbug if I say like that. Because I know what I am doing is not right... they are so sweet Arnavji..."

"Ok... how will they know the truth? Will you tell them?"

Khushi nodded no hurriedly.

"I too will not tell them... then there is no chance for them to know... so please relax..."

"They will get to know when I leave this house after Lavanya and Amanji's marriage... what will you tell them that time?"

"What should I tell?"

"Tell them we have a lot of misunderstanding between us. So we are getting separated... but please, never tell them we acted..."

"We will see that when it is needed... now relax..."

Khushi could not be relaxed. She was guilty like hell for cheating Raizadas who were showering love and care on her.

Arnav felt bad for her. It was not hard for him to understand her inner turmoil. Poor girl... even after having a family she could not relish it because she is guilty.

The next morning

Still, Khushi looked gloomy. Arnav thought something.

" Khushi, why are you looking gloomy? "

She simply nodded no.

" I know you are thinking about my family, am I right? "

Khushi looked somewhere pouting.

" I have an idea to solve your problem... " Arnav said folding his hands.

" What's that Arnavji?"

" Do you remember our clause...?"

" I do... " she said thoughtfully.

" What about misbehaving with you...? You can ask me to marry you, clutching my callers... Our lie will become truth... what say?"

Khushi looked at him shrinking her eyes, greeting her teeth.

" Yes... this is what I am expecting from you. Come on, try to get angry on me... say something useful... " he said controlling his laughter.

"Arnavji please stop it... I am not in the mood to laugh at your joke"

" What do you mean joke? I am a damn serious man... Let me try..." He tried to clutch her hand.

Khushi stood from the bed.

"If you keep torturing me like this I will surely do that..." she said slamming her feet on the floor and leaf the room, leaving smiling Arnav.

AR

Aman came to Arnav's cabin. He wanted to see Arnav's reaction when he talks about his marriage and also about sending Khushi to the UK.

"Good morning, ASR..."

"Good morning..."

"I want to talk to you about an important matter," Aman said.

"I too want to talk to you, Aman..."

Aman was curious. What Arnav wants to talk to him?

"Tell me, ASR..."

Arnav's question shook him.

"When will you marry Lavanya?" Arnav asked making Aman drop his jaw.

Arnav asked the same question he wanted to ask him.

"Why...? Why are you asking ASR?"

"What do you mean why? Are not you going to marry her?"

"Of course, I will..."

"That's what I'm asking... When? How long will Khushi be acting as my wife?"

That was the big blow to Aman. Does Arnav want to send Khushi back? But Lavanya said something and Arnav reacts to it in the opposite... Doesn't he have feelings for Khushi? What's there in his mind?

"Find a good idea to marry Lavanya. Put an end card from torturing me and Khushi..." Arnav said casually.

Aman looked at him bewildered.

"By the way, what do you want to talk to me?"

Aman nodded no.

"You said, you want to..."

"That's what you have spoken..."

"Oh... About Your marriage?"

Aman nodded yes.

"Do you want my help?"

"Mmm"

"Ok... I will think of it" Arnav said with a smile whereas Aman sighed. Whatttt the Hellllllll is there in Arnav's mind...?????

To be continued...