The One Where Monica Gets a New Roommate

Magsimula sa umpisa

Flora immediately stood up from her seat to comfort her brother, gently hitting Joey over the back of the head as Monica made her way over from the counter.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Monica asked, taking Ross' coat from him, neatly placing it over the back of the sofa.

He slowly walked over to the sofa, taking Flora's seat.

The girl is left to sit next to Chandler and almost reluctantly places herself on the sofa as he grabs a plate of cookies from the coffee table, offering her one.

"I just feel like someone reached down my throat, grabbed my small intestine, pulled it out of my mouth and tied it around my neck..."

"Cookie?" Chandler offered Ross jokingly, quickly earning an elbow to the side from Flora.

"Carol moved her stuff out today." She explained to the group, turning to them, making sure to give Chandler a slight glare.

A chorus of understanding and sympathetic "Ohh"s came from the friends while Flora silently pondered the unfortunate situation her brother had found himself in.

Of course she felt bad for Ross, but one small, selfish part of her weirdly envied him.

Because even though it was fleeting, and possibly not true from Carol's perspective, she was sure that Ross had genuinely been in love.

He still loved her, despite everything she'd put him through... and Flora was jealous in a way, because she couldn't imagine ever feeling that complete and utter, soul destroying love towards someone, no matter what they did.

"I'll be fine, alright? Really, everyone. I hope she'll be very happy."

"No you don't." Flora replied instinctively, shaking her head in disbelief at the lie her brother was feeding himself as she took a sip of her coffee.

"No I don't, to hell with her, she left me!"

"And you never knew she was a lesbian..." Joey chimed in, not thinking before he spoke as usual.

"No! Okay?! Why does everyone keep fixating on that? She didn't know, how should I know?"

"Sometimes I wish I was a lesbian..." Chandler stated casually, earning a confused look from his friends. "...Did I say that out loud?" He finally asked, concerned.

"Alright Ross, look. You're feeling a lot of pain right now. You're angry. You're hurting. Can I tell you what the answer is?" Ross gestured for Joey to continue. "...Strip joint! C'mon, you're single! Have some hormones!"

"I don't want to be single, okay? I just... I just... I just wanna be married again!" As if on queue a rain soaked woman in a beautifully expensive wedding dress entered the coffee shop, frantically looking around.

Everyone instinctively turned to look at the scene that was unfolding before them in complete and utter disbelief.

"Rachel!?" Monica questioned, standing up to approach the woman as Flora finally realised who the panicked bride was.

The rest of the friends stared at Monica and Rachel as they talked, still confused by what was happening before they returned to the table.